Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
yesteday I went to this 15K event in Israel to see Ruben, he was playing really well hitting a lot of winners and aces. He made his opponent run a lot with some great shots and angles.

So I wanted to know, what can you tell me about this guy? is he considered as Belgium's next tennis star or isn't he get a lot of attention in your country?

He is one of my faes now, that for sure!

·
Registered
456 Posts
He isn't getting a lot of attention in our country, mens tennis isn't that much in the spotlight as womens is.
I have no idea what to expect from him, he was a decent junior, I think he'll be top 100 some day. (at least I hope so)
I haven't seen him play yet, so maybe you have to tell us, waht you think? ;) Has he top 100 potential?
Did you see Niels Desein as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ruben was playing some amazing tennis since the start of the second set. As you know he is a lefty so his serve in the AD side was really hard with great angles sometimes (he got a lot of cheep points in there.). He got some nice strokes, I think that he should work some more on his backhand. But he is defenetly a top 100 material! I think that he can get even further in the ranking. I really liked his type of game.
I didn't see Desein play, because his match is today, but as I was recomanded to see Ruban match I was recomended to see Desein's as well (some people here told me he got lots of talent). But I think I saw Niels in Ruben's cheering group, but I am not sure about it.
From all the matches I saw yesterday, Rubin is my favourite to win the title!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an interview with him now, he seems a nice guy!

:wavey:

http://www.tennisalternative.com/news.php?readmore=201
Nice, he's an Anderlecht fan as well! :cool:

I've made a group for him on facebook, you can join: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=56376044464 Ruben a member as well!

And here you can find some photographs of him I took in Mons (Belgium): http://fotoplaza.tennisforum.be/?dir=Bemelmans Ruben

I hope he can get into the top 150 someday, maybe in 2 or 3 years?

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Won 1st round vs Bracciali in Barletta!
C'mon Ruben!

·
MONSOON season.
82,377 Posts
Joined the Facebook group :cool:

The year hasn't been as good as I would have liked, but I think he can step it up next year :yeah:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Watched his match against Nadal in Bangkok. Was very impressed.

I'm soooo tempted to start a thread for him in GD... "Forget the Brandwagon, it's BEMELMANIA!" LOL.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Ruben plays Olaso for a spot in his maiden grand slam main draw, hope he isn't to tired from the 16-14 final set against Sugita a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
how high his ranking will be after wimbledon?

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
really serious professionist. congratulations

1 - 20 of 45 Posts