1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Davydenko's serve :help:

Good second set from Davydenko..
The third set...however....

Roddick was not too bad either. The first game was hard to deal with.

Winners:UE
Roddick: 29 32
Davydenko: 26 34

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Re: RR: Rodick def Davydenko 6-4 3-6 6-2

Roddick was outplaying Davyednko for almsot whole match , but he had a breakdown when serving at 4-3 every Davy game on serve was struggle

Reactions: A_Skywalker

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Turning point was that first break for Roddick in the 3rd set.

But I'm happy, Davydenko played well and his game is still there as usual... so the downfall hasn't begun just yet.

Surprisingly Davydenko volleyed at net quite well.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Good enough from Roddick but that was a major brainfart from him to dump serve twice from a break up to lose the second set.

Bad matchup for Davydenko - that's the first set he's won in 5 meetings and he just seems to struggle to get by Roddick at the baseline, surprisingly.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
That's really not suprising seen as what's been going on with Koyla lately. Poor guy, i don't know what to think about the whole irregular betting thing but he seems to be really letting it affect his tennis :sad:

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Andee :dance:

Really kind of sloppy till that thrid set. Davydenko who he matches up well against was a really good first match for him to have to get him back into match play.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
roddick seems to have donkeys numbers.

strange as he, roddick seems to struggle against these style of play. hewitt and murray dominate him and donkey style is in the same class as both.

yes?

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
roddick seems to have donkeys numbers.

strange as he, roddick seems to struggle against these style of play. hewitt and murray dominate him and donkey style is in the same class as both.

yes?
Davy doesn't return big serves well. Murray and Hewitt do. Although Davy is a very good returner of weak serves.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Neither of them played as badly as I expected they would. :lol:
Exactly, decent play for both of them, I expected much much worse from Davydenko, and besides that he even manage to suprise me with great play from him at net. Now I am all in questions, was he tanking matches and faking in St. Pete and Paris cause I can't see how he can recover so fast from that form and put a good performance with Ducky who is such a bad matcup for him :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Roddick: "This serve is gonna be really really fast." - Kolya about to do his second serve at *1-5 40-0 in the third set. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
a win is a win :) congrats Andy!!!

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Match of the year! What shot making.

Woops sorry wrong thread.

But seriously, Roddick looked rusty, throwing in double faults, unforced errors on the forehand...you know it's a bad day when Andy is running around his forehand to hit a backhand, sometimes backhand slices even. Davydenko was always going to finish number 2 in this match because he served 100mph first serves, and 95mph second serves...ehhh...and wtf, Davy getting beat by Roddick on the baseline :eek: :eek:

Andy will likely not win another match unless his form picks up.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Wow, to go from Nalbandian's shotmaking in Paris to watching Roddick's baseline play in Shanghai, my eyes are actually bleeding.

Massive brain fart in the second set. Average match, but Duck can only beat who he plays and he did.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Very good match under the circumstances. Andy returning after a 7 week break and Davydenko has the ATP constantly on his back. But there were some excellent rallies and good to see both of them trying to get into the net.

Both of them knew how crucial it was with Federer in their group. Interestingly this is Andy's first win over a top 5 player since Ljubicic same time, same place, same event last year.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts