Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the match went on, Djokovic played better. But he was still no where near his best.

Nadal however, was playing pretty nice tennis.

Stats: Nadal Djokovic
First serve % 70 64
Won: 79 59
Winners 18 26
UE 15 33

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Nadal def. Djokovic 6-4 6-4 to reach TMC Semi Final.....

Congrats Rafa :yeah:

Time to raise your game for the SF, nothing to lose now.

Poor end to a good year for Nole, time to hit the Serbian bars and clubs :drink:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Impressive from Raf, though Djoko obviously wasn't playing his best.

Didn't expect anything else to happen to be honest.

Vamos, Rafa! :rocker2:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Djokovic looked like he was ready to tank in the first few games, but then decided to enrage me by going for his shots. Dilweed.

Rafa hit some excellent b/h winners today. And he won some points on his second serve, so i'd say an improvement for him.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
As expected in 2 sets :cool: Although Nole did put up a good fight. Nice change of tactics from Rafa using lots of FH DTL.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Re: Nadal def. Djokovic 6-4 6-4 to reach TMC Semi Final.....

Congrats Rafa :yeah:

Time to raise your game for the SF, nothing to lose now.

Poor end to a good year for Nole, time to hit the Serbian bars and clubs :drink:
Told ya there was no need to panic :p

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Djoko came to tank. 1 (very) good game can't make up for your lacklustre play.

Can Pics and Gasquet still coordinate some good sh1t to eliminate Nadal ?

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Djokovic certainly picked up his level in the second but Nadal hit some amazing shots today and for once seemed determined not to let it slip away. I think the only way he won't make it to the semis is if Gasquet beats Ferrer in 3. I am quite optimistic about that not happening

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Djokovic tried hard but he´s far from being at the top of his game. Rafa played the best match in this TMC by miles and I also think it was the best one since W final. Good to see, it would be a pity for him if he can´t make SF´s now that he´s raised a notch his level, anyway, even if he doesn´t qualify, it´s great to see him ending the season like this, terrific year, kid :yeah:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Djokovic certainly picked up his level in the second but Nadal hit some amazing shots today and for once seemed determined not to let it slip away. I think the only way he won't make it to the semis is if Gasquet beats Ferrer in 3. I am quite optimistic about that not happening
They would have beaten each other in 3 (Rafa, Pics, Gasq). Maybe gamecounts come into play then ?!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Way too damn early in the morning to be getting that amped about a match. I downed an entire bottle of water after that one. Not because I was worried Rafa wouldn't take it, but some of those points...wow. He hit some great shots in there, and that one rally at 4-3 when Novak had break point...Jesus.:eek: That was so good.

Of course I want Ferrer to knock out Gasquet in straight sets so that there is no question about Rafa's place in the Semis. But regardless of what happens, I am proud of Rafa. He did his part, and if he doesn't get to the Semis, so be it. At least then he would be guaranteed to end his season with a win. :lol:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
They would have beaten each other in 3 (Rafa, Pics, Gasq). Maybe gamecounts come into play then ?!!
That's true and from my understanding the only way Nadal can go out is in this scenario if his game differential is worse than the others

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Djoko playing 100 matches in a season, well he won't be doing that twice.

Never in doubt for Rafa.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Re: Nadal def. Djokovic 6-4 6-4 to reach TMC Semi Final.....

I expected a win today, if Djokovic was in top form he'd probably have won ;)
Wash your mouth out :mad:

Can you not at least say that he played better than he did againt Pics? :sad:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts