Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall, it's a bad match.
Poor match from Davydenko, poorer match from Federer. 22 out of 27 points won by Davydenko in the first set was Federer's UE.

Davydenko should be shot for trying to volley. Awful. Sometimes it works, but more often than not, it doesn't.

Stats: Federer Davydenko
1st serve % 68 82
Won 63 57
Winners 23 11
UE 39 26
TTL points won: 69 57

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Re: Federer def. Davydenko, 6-4 6-3

Boring match. Both well below their best.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Piss Poor Performance from BOTH. :(
A complete Errorfest, near unwatchable. Both deserved to LOSE. Sorry Feds, but playing like this... :smash:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

I got up to see the score 64 and 41 in second. From the little I saw, it seems like Davydenko didn't show up much. Was Federer playing well or Davydenko trying to lose?

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
bad matchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

After that mind boggling first day, it looks like this group has finally settled into what was expected from it in the first place. Boring matches all the way through. Well hopefully Roddick and Gonzalez will prove me wrong:D

·
Banned
18,599 Posts

75 percent of that match
federer sucked.
duck might put roger out of his misery

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Well. That was just horrible. He played about 200% better than than against Gonzo.

But, he won in two and that ALL that matters. Was nervous as hell out there, and then just off.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

Gah! The first match I've managed to see live and it was the worst game of the championships so far.

Congrats to Federer, who looked and sounded mightily relieved at the end.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well. That was just horrible. He played about 200% better than than against Gonzo.

But, he won in two and that ALL that matters. Was nervous as hell out there, and then just off.
Uh, I guess you meant to say WORSE?
This match' level was absolutely TOILET, to borrow an adequate expression from Adeegee! ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What a lacklustre performance from both. Federer payed awful, but still should've won 6:3 6:1 - failing to serve out both sets. Just shows how bad Davydenko played. :eek:
Federer needs to raise his game big time against Roddick. No more sloppy service games, please! :mad:

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Federer 'Yes' was so desperate.
Hope he plays better in the next match.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

I got up to see the score 64 and 41 in second. From the little I saw, it seems like Davydenko didn't show up much. Was Federer playing well or Davydenko trying to lose?
They are both terrible, but Davydenko is serving like a WTA-player to prevent a DF-nightmare.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Federer served for the first set at 5:3 and lost it.
Poor match , but I won't rule out Roger winning this tournament without dropping the set in the next three matches!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts