Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Re: Rotterdam will be the tournament for Raemon Sluiter

Too bad but I understand his decision - the guy seemed to be injured all the time...

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

Didn't really follow tennis closely in his hayday but it looks like has been a pretty good allround player, be it indoors, clay or even grass. He won a challenger on clay only last year.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts

Sluiter is too good for the challenger tour, but not good enough to become a consistent atp level player. He did reach 3 atp finals in his career, though.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

Cya Sluiter, snooker fan as well :yeah:

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

He should've won a few titles, well capable of that, I remember his match against Hewitt in Queens I think, Hewitt was playing good back then, he should've won that but lost in the third set breaker.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts

Enjoy your retirement Raemon and go to those Feyenoord matches.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
always dissapointed to see a pro call it a career. i never really liked him much. but he will still be missed

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
His name is actually Rainer Schuettler. Get it right :rolleyes:

Reactions: mir

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That's sad news, and he'll be missed. It's a shame that Raemon couldn't win an ATP title, losing in 3 finals all in his home country. He won 10 challenger titles across clay, grass and carpet.
I remember his 5 set victory over Ferrero, in the Netherlands-Spain Davis Cup 1st round tie at Eindhoven in 2001. The Netherlands reached the semi-finals that year. Another good moment for him, must have been when he easily beat the world no. 1 at the time Hewitt 6-3 6-3 at Stockholm in 2002.

·
MONSOON season.
82,470 Posts
:sobbing: Raemon :hug: :sad: :hug:

Such a great guy, great player. He was very inspiring and so down-to-earth. When he played, I at least supported the Dutch Davis Cup team :angel:

Enjoy the retirement, Sluit :yeah:

·
MONSOON season.
82,470 Posts

Didn't really follow tennis closely in his hayday but it looks like has been a pretty good allround player, be it indoors, clay or even grass. He won a challenger on clay only last year.
Raemon is good on grass and hard, but clay is really not his surface whatsoever. While he has had some good results (3R at RG 2006, winning the big Poznan Challenger last year) on the surface, he hated the surface for many years and had poor results on it. It is by far his weakest surface.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ahh, too bad, he's a great guy and should've won a title...
Maybe he will :p

1 - 20 of 45 Posts