Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Del Pony is back :worship:

Watched from end of first set, Berdych was pretty bad but you have to give Delpo some credit for that, he was playing consistent, aggressive tennis with few errors, forcing Thomas to succumb in the rally or play the low percentage shots. BH worked very well for Pony today. Also clutch play to recover from 3 errors at 2-0 *0-40.

Federer overwhelming favorite for the final but Juan should keep it closer than in Australia.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Del Potro's ballbashing was too good, plus he defends a lot better than Berdych. Very comfortable for the Tandil Tower.

Berdych had an easy short ball but didn't got anywhere del Potro at the net, when it was the easiest way to win the point.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Rotterdam SF: Del Potro humiliates Berdych 6-3 6-1

Delpo's serve is ON today. Berdych is pretty bad :tape:
A late challenge on Berdych's serve at 0*-1 30-40 totally destroyed Berdych
88% FS won by Delpo :D

First 500 final since the comeback :inlove:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Rotterdam SF: (3)del Potro crushes (2)Berdych 6-3, 6-1

Decent performance from dP overall. A few loose errors from Berdych at the wrong times in each set, cost him IMO.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Re: Rotterdam SF: JM "real number 5" Del Potro schools T. Berdych 6-3 6-1

Juan was good. :yeah: Tomas on the other hand was just awful for most the match. :tape: :(

Dedicated to myself but either way definitely one of the better Del Potro matches since he begun his comeback. :)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

5 threads :lol:
Haha!

The anti Delpo hata's are burning with bitterness (nobody expected that dismissing the higher ranked (and this year only once defeated) Berdych was gonna be sooooo easy for the Argentine)

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

This match somehow reminds me of Soderling vs Del Potro around this time last year. :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Sorry Jason :sad:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Berdych.... what a choke and terrible performance overall. Delpo was solid, but still if Tomas played better could have won, that game 0-40 he should have broken that serve and it was still open, after that he mentally collapsed, his FS again horrible under 50% in, and so many errors in longer rallies... really this was i think his worst performance this season

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Dedicated to C.. Nah I don't care actually.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Re: Rotterdam SF: (3)del Potro crushes (2)Berdych 6-3, 6-1

The match certainly didn't live up to expectations.

Berdych was disappointing to say the least. He served awfully. 49% first service pct on a faster court won't cut it against a top player like del Potro.

Del Potro played very well, served well, returned well.

Hopefully the final will be more competitive.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

Haha!

The anti Delpo hata's are burning with bitterness (nobody expected that dismissing the (this year only once defeated) Berdych was gonna be sooooo easy for the Argentine)
What? I'm actually a Del Potro fan so you'd better shut your mouth before stating such thing. This is an ATP 500 Semi-Final and Berdych is a Delpo's bitch and, considering this, can't find any reason to overreact.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Shocking. Del Po was a lot more consistent with his power, Berdych served poorly and let a few bad things get to him. I never thought this would end up so one sided though, even after the first set.

I want more than anything for Del Po to win if Fed beats Davy, but as is my track record for picking winners, Del Po will lose in straights.

·
Registered
205 Posts
9 aces and 88% 1st serves won - well done delpo, very well done indeed.

now if kolya would kindly let fed off the hook, rotterdam gets its dream final.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.