Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Great match by Sinner, he really bossed the rallies and was clearly the better player by the end of the match. Goffin has a lot to look back to though, he could have been much more clinical but gifted the break back in both sets and DFed at the wrong moments. Good chance for Sinner to make the semis, PCB is very beatable if he keeps playing like today.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Chokes away a final against Popsicle last week, chokes away a deep run in a Mini Masters this week.
Well, the old Muffin is back, thats for sure.

Sinner is a good prospect and very good when on, but Goffin has no business with losing against him yet. Seems he really doesnt do well in Belgium and The Netherlands

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Chokes away a final against Popsicle last week, chokes away a deep run in a Mini Masters this week.
Well, the old Muffin is back, thats for sure.

Sinner is a good prospect and very good when on, but Goffin has no business with losing against him yet. Seems he really doesnt do well in Belgium and The Netherlands
Mini Masters? Yes, somehow I don't think that will stick.

Jannik Sinner is the far superior player. David Goffin is old and powerless. He hasn't won a title in years and has never won anything of significance. His greatest strength is possessing the ability to bore his opponents to tears.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Sinner's so impressive. Power and variety off both wings. Able to hit through opponents, able to create angles, able to come to the net at the right moments. Great serve, very good return.

Wouldn't be surprised if he bagged a couple of 500s this year.

Well done to Rotterdam organisers for giving him a WC.

The DFs from Goffin were disappointing, but they were caused by pressure from Sinner. I was looking forward to seeing how Sinner's ground game matched up with Goffin's and was really impressed by the youngster.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,556 Posts
good prospect for sure. Goffin wasn't bad either. Professional stuff from Sinner.

·
Registered
793 Posts
While I wasn't on the Sinner hype-train at quite the same level as some others (looking at you, Budadiii (y)), I have considered him as the most interesting young prospect after his success at the end of 2019. Up to now, there has not been so much to cheer for 2020, but beating Goffin certainly shows that the hype-train has not run out of steam.

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Nice roast from my boy, MTOAT.

Good money, too.

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Founder of the Sinner hype train/bandwagon, Buda.

Jump on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I dunno who the hell is this Sinner guy is, but I'm terribly disappointed at this result. Goffin must of played very bad to lose to someone I've never heard of. I thought Goffin found his form in the middle of last year and continued to play well. I feel betrayed by him for all the cheers I have sent to him. Very disappointing!

·
Registered
582 Posts
From the little bit I saw, Sinner was the one who bullied Goffin from the baseline and certainly deserved to win. He's has my attention for real since his loss against Wawrinka at the USO. It was my first time watching him and thought he looked very solid...BH looks really really good.

If he can manage to beat PCB it would be a great next gen semi-final in Rotterdam vs Felix or Tsisipas (Assuming Tsisipas beats Bedene). I'm hoping Felix beats both of them of course! ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
From the little bit I saw, Sinner was the one who bullied Goffin from the baseline and certainly deserved to win. He's has my attention for real since his loss against Wawrinka at the USO. It was my first time watching him and thought he looked very solid...BH looks really really good.

If he can manage to beat PCB it would be a great next gen semi-final in Rotterdam vs Felix or Tsisipas (Assuming Tsisipas beats Bedene). I'm hoping Felix beats both of them of course! ?
I dunno about your assumption, though. Can Tsisipas do it? I highly doubt it actually. We will see.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Many have already mentioned how impressive Sinner was in this one, but I'd add even more sugar on top and say that it was absolutely sublime performance. I can't really think of anything wrong that Goffin did. Unplayable, that kid.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts