Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filip just cruising, he's a lot better indoors then his current rank depicts. Never was in trouble against Vasek untill the game where Filip was serving for the match at 5-4 when it was 15-40 Vasek and it went to a couple of deuces and at the end he miraculous managed to even the score at 5-5 with Vasek starting to cramp and immediately took a medical timeout for pain in his knee (too circumvent the medical timeout rules as cramp isn't allowed a MT). Although Vasek was kinda gassed after the first set already he kept giving it his all and for that I congratulate him. But against Filip in indoors beastmode it was nothing more then an admirable effort.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Filip just cruising, he's a lot better indoors then his current rank depicts. Never was in trouble against Vasek untill the game where Filip was serving for the match at 5-4 when it was 15-40 Vasek and it went to a couple of deuces and at the end he miraculous managed to even the score at 5-5 with Vasek starting to cramp and immediately took a medical timeout for pain in his knee (too circumvent the medical timeout rules as cramp isn't allowed a MT). Although Vasek was kinda gassed after the first set already he kept giving it his all and for that I congratulate him. But against Filip in indoors beastmode it was nothing more then an admirable effort.
Cruising????

Won 5 points more despite 2-0.
Pospisil won more return points and had double the BPs.

This was robbery!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes cruising, the win was NID.

·
Registered
8,656 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cruising my ass, few points decided both sets. And it was Vasek being unclutch rather than Filip playing lights out.
Don't be delusional, it was like a jaguar toying with his prey.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Look at the stats mate and then proceed to delete account

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look at the stats mate and then proceed to delete account
Maybe you should take your own advise.. can't believe you are for real. I don't need stats as I watched the match and know what I saw. Krajinovic was overclassing Vasek and the result depicts that.

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts
Maybe you should take your own advise.. can't believe you are for real. I don't need stats as I watched the match and know what I saw. Krajinovic was overclassing Vasek and the result depicts that.
You may have been watching it, but you must've been high on something.

This was a mediocre encounter with Pospisil producing both the best and the worst tennis. Krajinovic was solid enough to win it, but not exactly spectacular.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Great fight from Vasek but very surprising that a 29-year-old healthy guy is struggling this much in only his 2nd march of his 2nd week indoor tennis, where he only played 1 3-setter in 6 matches.

He should def improve on his fitness, seems as though he gets tired too quickly, even during the match where he takes too long to serve (esp after some long rallies). Something's not right with his fitness.

·
Registered
13,363 Posts
The little I watched of this match Vasek looked completely gassed. I'm amazed he made it as close as it was seeing how much he struggled physically. Guessing he needs a break, but I'm not sure he'll get it (as I believe he's due to play qualifying in Marseille in a few days).

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You may have been watching it, but you must've been high on something.

This was a mediocre encounter with Pospisil producing both the best and the worst tennis. Krajinovic was solid enough to win it, but not exactly spectacular.
I could say the same for you really, in the rallies Krajinovic clearly had the upperhand and he blasted winners left and right, even the commentators on TennisTV were mentioning it that the guy is a joy to watch when on but unfortunately had a lot of injury problems in his carreer so far. To me it looked like a done deal after Filip broke in the first set. Filip when breakpoints against was almost clinical with defending them and also going for it which was also mentioned by the comentators.

Vasek broke back in the second set when Filip was serving for the match and that was the only blip he had for a otherwise clinical 6-4 6-4 win. As he isn't known for being this clutch at moments when it matters. Served big on those points. Vasek going all out when he had the chance and broke back because of those all for broke service returns he was blasting. The tie-break that followed was a done deal even when Filip wasted a good lead and had MP's against. As far as I know Vasek waisted the chances to win the set and level the score. It almost looled as if Filip was giving him these opportunities, the toying a jaguar does with his prey came to mind and that's all she said.

·
Registered
21,144 Posts
Was this the "deserved top 20" player certain members of the forum were talking about?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts