Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
The Stickman was outclassed by an opponent who is clearly of a different calibre.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Felix is totally back. I don't think dimi was that bad, except at the end when he knew he was cooked.
Last fall Shap was not, Felix not; now it's reversed.

·
justice for all
17,542 Posts
Very good match by Felix or now two very good matches in a row. Dimitrov looked like a player from a lower league compared to him. Maybe beginning of another longer period of good results, it’s similiar time to last year when it all started to click for him. If it’s Stef in the QF Felix will be the favourite bearing in mind their previous results.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Dimitrov was not that bad for his usual level of late. He was just pressed by the solid hard hitting of Felix. And without a serve he did not stand a chance. Of course he made plenty of silly UE but that was the tough opponent pressing him. ATP 500 is a bit tough for him so one win is still good.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Dimitrov, just bad, I mean really bad. He has too much skill to be losing to one dimensional players like Felix.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Nothing to see here, Dimitrov lost to the first decent player that isn't in horrid form or injured, as expected.

Got completely outclassed by talent, great result for the sport.

Reactions: Andrej

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Absolutely zero confidence on Dimitrov at the moment, I feel a pretty rough couple of months are coming for him unless a miracle happens.
Miracles happen very often for him, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the Top 60 right now.

Reactions: Andrej

·
Registered
279 Posts
Miracles happen very often for him, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the Top 60 right now.
With the way he's playing, he doesn't deserve to be even in the top50, he is defending a lot of points from that miraculous USO SF from last year which I don't see him defending at all, I am pretty sure that he will end the year outside the top100, who knows what will happen next, he needs to find his game again, serve is trash, backhand trash, game too pushy, needs to get back to playing attacking tennis if he wants to do some damage on tour.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Excellent straightforward win by Felix after the great recovery against Struff. I'm really looking forward to a rematch with Tsisipas now that Felix is finding his form again! It feels like it's been a long time since he strung a few good wins in a row and it has...the last good tournament for him was in Queens.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts