Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great win. A win i expected though.
Dan loves indoors and his serve stats in both matches are solid apart from serving at 5-2. Next faces probably Monfils. Who will be tired. If its Simon, Dan will have too much for him.

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Go Dan! Very good victory here. Keep it going. Go for it !!:cool:

Anyone please comment on the match

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yeah I expected Dan to win this as well, too clever for a player like Khachanov. I'm not as optimistic as you for the next round but impressed with how strong Dan is looking.

Top 20 when he wins the tournament on Sunday.

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I watched the final set. Khachanov couldn’t deal with the Evans variety, especially the slice. Evo just kept slicing the backhand and eventually KK would cough up an unforced error. Some awful volleys too.

Evans was a double break up in the final set and then got broken from 40-0 (I think). Had a couple of match points on the Khachanov serve which were saved, but served out comfortably in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Shame he's only 5ft9, 3 inches taller he'd be a top 15 player able to get many free or freer points on serve and forehand/backhand with extra power, it is unusual to see an English player from a working class background top 40 in the rankings given the fact most English players recruited by the LTA are posh kids, could possibly make top 20 but don't think anymore than that. Who's coaching him now, he let his previous coach last year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts