Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Stefanos is a guy who has beaten all of the big 3 in the past 12 months. Why in the hell would he tank to avoid FAA, even considering their (rather small) h2h?
Plus he just cut Medvedev "fatherhood" , if anything more motivated

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Both Step and Med lossing to the players they lost is downright disgracefull. I mean had they lost to a just below player sure ok. But as much as i respect both Pospisil and Bedene, They had no right to even win a set. Pospisil is actually playing great.
If they are just thinking about slams, then they better realize that Rankings also count for those slams.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not sure if it is Pas-Pas or Shapovalov the one with the worst blocked BH return.

Bedene is a clean baseline striker (not so good when hitting near the net though) and was cool as a cucumber during the first set, saving all those BH by hammering Pas-Pas BH with his first serve, but that meltdown and ugly shanks from Pas-Pas at 5-5 lol.

Pas-Pas looks really tense atm, feeling the pressure for sure, and he was lucky Huckarz pretty much collapsed when he was leading 7-6 2-0, but I always got the feeling from him that when his 1-2 first serve+FH combo is not working he can be quite vulnerable with his BH and ROS issues.
Stefanos is really far away from his great form in the ATP finals where he rarely made UE..very disappointing! needs to fix that ROS asap..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Both Step and Med lossing to the players they lost is downright disgracefull. I mean had they lost to a just below player sure ok. But as much as i respect both Pospisil and Bedene, They had no right to even win a set. Pospisil is actually playing great.
If they are just thinking about slams, then they better realize that Rankings also count for those slams.
i think Pospisil played really good yesterday, but Daniil was just piss poor on the big points! Stefanos was really bad tough..

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
Plus basing your season on Slams (when Big 3 are doing the same and won latest 13) is an extremely risky strategy.

Defeating multiple Big 3 in Bo5 is a far more difficult target than in B03.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Disappointing result...one has to wonder if the prospect of playing an in form Felix was in Stef's head. Couldn't watch the match so I can't say if this was a tank or not....
Big 3-esque accusations of tanking already in store... The tradition is alive and well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just lost some faith in you.
They don't "tank" for fear of Felix next, my god, you're better than that I thought ?
They? When did I mention anyone else but Tsisipas? I can't think of another player that Felix has such a great record against. Post #15 has my explanation about how I view this matchup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stefanos shouldn't be allowed to play another competitive match until he fixes his return of serve.

It's the weakest part of his game and already holding him back. He'll never win the tournaments he wants to win until it's sorted.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Plus basing your season on Slams (when Big 3 are doing the same and won latest 13) is an extremely risky strategy.

Defeating multiple Big 3 in Bo5 is a far more difficult target than in B03.
I think we can all agree the better player and most talented player lost. Now if he and Med have got the sense that they are too good to play 500´s this will be their downfall.
Again both Bedene and Pospisil played the best match they could. The other 2 just quit. Yes they are young but have to prove some more.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
i think Pospisil played really good yesterday, but Daniil was just piss poor on the big points! Stefanos was really bad tough..
Both of them are better then that. They just didnt show they cared. I dont mind playing bad. But not giving a crap is worst.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,361 Posts
Bedener in the house. What was that serving?
He hit like 25 aces against PCB in 2 sets one time indoors. So similar level I guess

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now three of the top four seeds are gone with only Monflis remaining. Nowadays, I noticed that most of the top players, especially the young ones like Zvereve, Tsitsipas and Medvedev play only the major events seriously, treating smaller ones less significantly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
People still taking a user called 'FelixIsTheGoat' seriously... 🤣

He's been absolute trash this season. It's honestly kind of worrying but I'll wait for Dubai and the Sunshine Double to evaluate him more seriously. Medvedev and Berrettini have also started the season poorly too... at this rate Dimitrov will return to the Top 10 :sick:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Though i'm a beIiever of Tsitsi compared to other NxtGeners, gotta say another hiIarious resuIt for FedaIbots in ruins over hoping he's one of Novak’s 'kryptonite'. Hoping to see an FAA vs JS SF.

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
Both of them are better then that. They just didnt show they cared. I dont mind playing bad. But not giving a crap is worst.
Don't forget Tennis is not just a matter of skills but of mindset....

If Stefanos (whom I really do not care) and Danniil (whom I could have cared) think they are top players and are too arrogant to regroup and fight when they have to face a fit second zone player, then their career is in a very bad direction and they may join players like Arias and Krickstein in that Forever Top Player-to-become group.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Considering his (pretty)early lose in the AO, does this mean the WTF curse making itself known once more?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts