Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered

Registered
If it was Zverev you would hear :its my fucking house" in the distance 馃槃

Registered
Does Sinner get points for advancing to the second round? If he does, then does it count as a win? You don鈥檛 get points for no activity.

Registered
Does Sinner get points for advancing to the second round? If he does, then does it count as a win? You don鈥檛 get points for no activity.
I think he gets them if he wins the next match but not sure how it works

Registered
What is his background?

Represents Italy but has an English surname and German/Danish forename ? and looks like a pasty faced Northern European as well so can't have Italian blood :)

Registered
What is his background?

Represents Italy but has an English surname and German/Danish forename ? and looks like a pasty faced Northern European as well so can't have Italian blood :)
He's from Tirol, he's a mountaineer. I think that explains a lot. In his place of birth - 85% people speak German although it is still in Italy. Actually it is some 10 kms away from Italian - Austrian border.

Registered
Someone wrote Popyrin was first LL. So I guess Rose couldn't really expect that Popyrin wouldn't sign up and withdrawals were not likely given the big prize money.
There have been 8 withdrawals/lucky losers in Rotterdam over the previous 5 editions, at least 1 in each edition, 2 even in each of the 2018 and 2019 editions. Of course, it's pretty rare for tournaments to have first round matches on Wednesday, but there's always a chance. Here it's about 1 in 20 (8 in 160), which with 4 matches still to go is roughly a 19% chance to have at least 1 of those 8 players to withdraw.

Interesting to read on Dutch media that tournament director Richard Krajicek as well as Robin Haase have been disappointed in the four Dutchmen that played in qualifying and as such had a reasonable shot at the LL spot. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

21 - 30 of 30 Posts