Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Medvedev broke the 1st game of the match, got broken back two games later and Pospisil never looked back, breaking to take the set and an early lead in the 2nd.

Great serve and volleying, Medvedev was not at his best but not played terribly either.

Edit: Forgot to add, Pospisil back into the top 100 with this win.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Well done Vasek showing Indoor fast is another game !

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Daniil.looking far from his form last year. He is gonna have a tough time if it I think.

In general, as I said in live score nextgen is struggling this year. This was the year people were looking at them to really set down a marker yet, with a few exceptions they've been pretty meh through the first 2 months and the first slam was pretty poor for them.

Conversely several members of so called hen useless like Evans and pospisil are looking great and more often than not members of gen useless are taking out nextgen when they meet.

Pospisil has krajinovic next. It's a good draw for both

·
justice for all
17,518 Posts
Fully deserved and great win for Vasek. He's completely outplayed the Russian. Took him out of his comfort zone by his offensive game and net rushing and The Mad Lad looked like a small and lost kid who doesn't know how to fight anymore.

·
12,534 Posts
Wow.
I am in love with Vashy again. S and V so great to see. Don't see anyone playing S and V like Vashek at this point.
He drove Med nuts.
Deserves to be top 20 ASAP.
Me too

·
Registered
739 Posts
Great win for Pospisil! Medvedev looking very vulnerable and maybe not playing his best but he's on a downward slope. I think his incredible run last season might have been taken the wrong way. He's very good but he won't be a dominant force in the same way this season. Just a gut feeling.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Excellent performance Pospisil. Great to see him doing well and taking out big names. This guy should easily be in top 20 and possibly even higher if he can play like this consistently.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
In general, as I said in live score nextgen is struggling this year. This was the year people were looking at them to really set down a marker yet, with a few exceptions they've been pretty meh through the first 2 months and the first slam was pretty poor for them.

My reaction when hearing about how the "next gen" are gonna break out in the year of our lord 2020.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts