Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
justice for all
18,844 Posts
Shapo’s BH is a real weakness now, watching him hit every 2nd into the net or long is just painful. Also, not sure but something’s wrong with his movement/ anticipation, he was caught off guard/ wrong-footed too many times.
Well, tough time for Denis and his fans but hopefully he’ll bounce back but during the Sunshine Double.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Flopovalov ???
Where are the people that said he was gonna be top 5 and slam winner this year??
Time gave me the reason why I dont like this boy: He is an overhyped headcase.

·
Registered
8,985 Posts
I see the bashers are out of course. But Denis didn't look like this at all in the fall. But he's back to his old ways, at least in the 1rst set.

·
God loves a trier
4,770 Posts
Grigor was good (despite some DFs) and Shapovalov missed some BP chances. It's not the end of the world. He just needs to catch a break with the draw and he'll string a few wins together.

His backhand was awful today, but rhythm is important for players.

Predictable that so many haters would come out to gloat, but a 20-year-old losing to a top pro like Dimitrov is hardly surprising.

Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
Good win for Grigor who looked a lot more comfortable on this fast court. His form dipped a little in the 2nd set but he regrouped well in the tiebreak and apart from that game where he was SP down, always looked like the likely winner here. His game is a bit shaky but Grigor handles brainless player like Shapovalov in his sleep

Shapovalov never got a read on Grigor serve but it still deserts him a crucial moments and players with better ROS will punish him for it. It also lacks the pace he had a few years ago and it just seems to be getting worse.

·
God loves a trier
4,770 Posts
Top pro like Dimitrov??? ???
Are we back to 2016????
It's boring responding to trolls, but here goes anyway:

Dimitrov made a slam SF at the second-last major to have taken place. So yes, that alone would qualify him as a "top pro".

Everyone knows he has major ups and downs in form, but he's still ranked 22 in the world, which would also qualify him as a "top pro" by any sensible definition.

·
Registered
863 Posts
It was bound to close but Denis poor start (both on serve and his returns) quickly sealed the first set. His serve gradually kicked in and there was some good play from both in the 2nd where Denis had his chances as well as being the better player but a couple of UEs in the breaker was enough. Shapos poor ROS was the main fault. It recently seems to vary widely. Some matches he's consistent and can chip or block with length but he was way off today.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
It's boring responding to trolls, but here goes anyway:

Dimitrov made a slam SF at the second-last major to have taken place. So yes, that alone would qualify him as a "top pro".

Everyone knows he has major ups and downs in form, but he's still ranked 22 in the world, which would also qualify him as a "top pro" by any sensible definition.
Troll???
Respect the veterans newbie.
You are the troll here, respect the others opinions and discuss things.
I can guess u will have probs here calling trolls to veterans.
Good luck baby!!

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grigor was good (despite some DFs) and Shapovalov missed some BP chances. It's not the end of the world. He just needs to catch a break with the draw and he'll string a few wins together.

His backhand was awful today, but rhythm is important for players.

Predictable that so many haters would come out to gloat, but a 20-year-old losing to a top pro like Dimitrov is hardly surprising.

Onwards and upwards.
Let me think and put some perspective in your words..... so Grégoire Barrere defeating Dimitrov last week is Top pro material ^^ and Krajinovic straightsetting Grégoire Barrere next round is Tennis Legend.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Good win for Grigor who looked a lot more comfortable on this fast court. His form dipped a little in the 2nd set but he regrouped well in the tiebreak and apart from that game where he was SP down, always looked like the likely winner here. His game is a bit shaky but Grigor handles brainless player like Shapovalov in his sleep

Shapovalov never got a read on Grigor serve but it still deserts him a crucial moments and players with better ROS will punish him for it. It also lacks the pace he had a few years ago and it just seems to be getting worse.
The Stickman finished last year with a 22-21 record and 2018 with a 25-19 record. It doesn't look like he handles many players in his sleep.

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
Troll???
Respect the veterans newbie.
You are the troll here, respect the others opinions and discuss things.
I can guess u will have probs here calling trolls to veterans.
Good luck baby!!
You can't tell others to "respect other's opinions and discuss things" when you posted this. Where was the respect and discussion here? :rolleyes:

Top pro like Dimitrov??? ???
Are we back to 2016????

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
No shame for Shapo , except his Ros maybe . But Diva is returning to form not casually on his best surface . He's playing good , fast adapts better to that condition.
Whereas , Shapo needs time to set up for his shots , it needs to be faster !

Reactions: eljefe

·
Super Moderator
3,528 Posts
Dimitrov is a bad matchup for Shapovalov. He's the better defender and gets more returns in play. Dennis didn't do much to punish Dimi's diminished serve.

I hope we get DimiPas but I think that's too much to ask from the tennis gods.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good win for Grigor, nothing spectacular, but good. He is sick and was very important he managed to win in two sets. Denis is flashy but lacks experience. It will come with time.

·
God loves a trier
4,770 Posts
Let me think and put some perspective in your words..... so Grégoire Barrere defeating Dimitrov last week is Top pro material ^^ and Krajinovic straightsetting Grégoire Barrere next round is Tennis Legend.
Gosh, such watertight logic.

And Philip Kohlschreiber beat Djokovic at IW last year
And then Riccardo Bonadio beat Kohlschreiber at a challenger event in Poland
Therefore, Riccardo Bonadio is better than Novak Djokovic.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts