Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I don't like his playing style, but that's not the reason I don't like him. It's his fucking reactions that make me want to punch his face.
Oh, and he is also a faker.

·
Registered
28,761 Posts
Wow, quite the disgusting result this one. PCB has such a punchable face. I mean it's not Almagro level, but still

Oh well. Keep at it Jannik, there's no rush.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Unfortunate result for Jannik, but I'm sure he realises he played well, just wasn't able to do well enough when it mattered, which I think is something that will be improved by experience as time goes by.

As for PCB I do get why there are so many disliking him here, but I'm not one of them. I'm not saying he's got any huge weapons as such (referring to what 'weapons' of a tennis player are usually understood to be), but I've always liked his relentless attitude, as he usually does keep fighting till the end whenever he sees a possibility of winning a match. One could also consider good defending skills as a weapon in tennis, especially when combined with the right attitude.

Sometimes you really don't need to play the most graceful or outstanding tennis out there for it to be succesfull and still pretty enjoyable to watch, and for me PCB is a good example of that. Being a late bloomer due to his football career, I think he's done a pretty good job after that in tennis, and for some reason he just fails to bore me most of the time. I'd also hate it if all players played alike, good to have some variation out there, as we certainly do.

Jannik then again is another story, a real talent, but will still need time to be able to cause more damage against the more experienced players. This was a fully winnable match for him, but somehow he just managed to let it slip away from his hands.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
PCB has any fans? The guy is a hard worker and I've nothing against him, but his game is so passive and boring.

Great week for Sinner, though. Future star in the making, for sure.

·
Registered
473 Posts
PCB has any fans? The guy is a hard worker and I've nothing against him, but his game is so passive and boring.

Just have a look at what I wrote above. Can't really consider myself as a real fan of him though, but I don't dislike him as much as many others here do - that's the point.

Really would have loved to see Jannik win this match, no question about that, but this is tennis and PCB indeed did something right to win the match. You can't argue with that or the result, as unfortunate as it is for Jannik (whom I actually would had loved to see win the whole tournament, but I guess it's not his time just yet).

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

Pablo is one of my favorite players, I'll hardly root against him in any kind of situation, so ye, he does.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I think it’s mainly because people appreciate players that have balls and try to win the point versus just wait for errors which no one really likes to watch that kind of tennis. I’m the same way.
It's a talent/aptitude issue. Anyone can try to go for winners, defensive players are like that because they miss too much for that to be viable. PCB is a better player than Dustin Brown even though the latter has a much prettier game and more fans.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah, maybe. But when you look at Nadal @ 18 y.o. - he was the ultimate topspinbotpusher, only later in his career he started to play more aggresive. Sinner always goes for dictating the game, he's always looking to attack. And he will get better in that department and he is good already.
Youngdal was more aggressive than Primedal...

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
With this much dick sucking of him there is bound to be negative energy bouncing back. Ying and Yang and all that. Also I feel I have spent enough time on MTF to get poisoned by vindictive shitposting. Also doesnt help that he beat Goffin yesterday lol
You're only making Goffin appreciated even less.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Not a fan of PCB, but my opinion regarding this kind of players has changed over the time. I take them as one of the toughest hurdles to beat for talented shotmakers, the pushing yang to shotmaking yin. Variety is important.

This has allowed me to concentrate my wrath towards Dimug and boy it's been paying off.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It's perfectly legit, just mug stuff because these defencebots have a lower cap than attacking warriors so they only win when the latter aren't playing well enough. Not the defencebot's fault per se as it's what he does best naturally, he's just destined to be an ATP mug at best, sad but true, life's not fair, etc.
Loser 😂😂

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I don't like his playing style, but that's not the reason I don't like him. It's his fucking reactions that make me want to punch his face.
Oh, and he is also a faker.
Talking about fucking reactions, faker etc having the most disgusting one ever as your fave.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

41 - 60 of 80 Posts