Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
It's perfectly legit, just mug stuff because these defencebots have a lower cap than attacking warriors so they only win when the latter aren't playing well enough. Not the defencebot's fault per se as it's what he does best naturally, he's just destined to be an ATP mug at best, sad but true, life's not fair, etc.
I wouldn't say not well enough. Sure, points are on the other's racquet per se if you say a point can only logically / rightfully be won by a winner or forced error, but sometimes defense and rallying can be so good that it overthrows the attacking and causes inevitable errors.

In today's case, it wasnt the defense that won him the match. Sinner dealt with that.

It was the serve that made them difference, and got PCB over.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Incredible match, both players deserved to win. Sinner displayed great fighting spirit and shotmaking, the final result doesn’t matter that much at this stage of his career. I hope he can take positive things from this match and work on his net game and second serve. This reminds me a lot of the Zverev-Simon match here 4 years ago which had almost the exact scoreline, hopefully Sinner can also make top 20 before the end of the year.
Yup, his 2nd serve lacks variation and is kinda slow, PCB was eating it alive. He will improve, no doubt.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
absolut vomit-inducing result.. Jannik 1st serve went awol in the breaker, in the 3rd set in general. better player lost.
every time a young talented shotmaker gets beat by a solid weaponless journeyman, an angel dies

i have to say, this Pablo Carreno Push-ta guy went high up my list of annoying af players

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Actually Busta looks like mental giant in Rotterdam, winning 3 matches in tiebreaks (2 x in the 3rd set and vs Fucsovics 2nd set after being 0-1 down)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Stupendous quality for a 500-series QF. That was PCB at his best, and Sinner's level was right there.

Sinner is effortlessly able to hit attacking shots off any even quarter-way soft rally balls coming at him. And he's smart, too, knows when to go for his shots.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's perfectly legit, just mug stuff because these defencebots have a lower cap than attacking warriors so they only win when the latter aren't playing well enough. Not the defencebot's fault per se as it's what he does best naturally, he's just destined to be an ATP mug at best, sad but true, life's not fair, etc.
I think it’s mainly because people appreciate players that have balls and try to win the point versus just wait for errors which no one really likes to watch that kind of tennis. I’m the same way.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yes didnt nadal win a slam by then?
Yeah, maybe. But when you look at Nadal @ 18 y.o. - he was the ultimate topspinbotpusher, only later in his career he started to play more aggresive. Sinner always goes for dictating the game, he's always looking to attack. And he will get better in that department and he is good already.

·
Registered
886 Posts
absolut vomit-inducing result.. Jannik 1st serve went awol in the breaker, in the 3rd set in general. better player lost.
every time a young talented shotmaker gets beat by a solid weaponless journeyman, an angel dies

i have to say, this Pablo Carreno Push-ta guy went high up my list of annoying af players
Couldn’t agree more. PCB is one of the most boring players I have ever seen and he literally has no weapons whatsoever. Also has no variety and can’t volley.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
Actually Busta looks like mental giant in Rotterdam, winning 3 matches in tiebreaks (2 x in the 3rd set and vs Fucsovics 2nd set after being 0-1 down)
what Fucsovics match are you refering to. That was Agut

21 - 40 of 80 Posts