Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Disappointing ending, but sinner is slowly improving and he will have his time, pretty soon too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Disgusting...was able to watch the beginning of the match and the end. Sinner truly looked to be the better player here. I guess you have to give some credit to PCB after being broken when serving from the match and missing 3 MPs the following game. Oh and I lost some money on this one after placing a bet on Sinner after the first set at good odds! :cry:

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
Good Rotterdam crowd. No disruptful long clapping, but knew when to make some noise and then they stopped in time. Not those stupid old Halle crowds or intentionally disrupting crowds.

2nd straight match PCB has won with his serve. So many unreturnables and quick points off the serve. Quite unusual for him.

Meanwhile Sinner was bloody brilliant all match long except for his net tenures, and then the low 1st serve percentage in the tiebreak. Saved returning against the match and 0-40 3 MP's on serve the next game, then had a MP on serve, but couldn't get the first in, and made a semi-error in the rally.

Yeah, lost a lot of money here. Won't lie.

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Damn, Sinner is so effortless. You watch him hit ground stroke after ground stroke and you wonder how he misses the ball. His technique on the backhand side is almost perfect.

Unfortunately he forgot to move his feet on that first match point and that was that.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Solid from Pablo

Sinner needs some volley lessons and bit more height over net on rally balls but will be awesome

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
Gutting result. I only tuned in at 3-1 in the decider, but during those few games I got to see I had a constant feeling I was watching a future great. Poor conversion rate and low 1st serve accuracy cost Sinner the win. He was mighty impressive nonetheless.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts

It was looking very good here

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sinner might be the best 18 year old player I have ever seen and I saw 18 year old Fed, Nadal, Djoko and Murray

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
Damn, Sinner is so effortless. You watch him hit ground stroke after ground stroke and you wonder how he misses the ball. His technique on the backhand side is almost perfect.

Unfortunately he forgot to move his feet on that first match point and that was that.
actually spot on on all accounts

Sinner might be the best 18 year old player I have aver seen and I saw 18 year old Fed, Nadal, Djoko and Murray
thats what she/i said

someone here said last year messi was better at the same age haha, think it was enlightened

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
PCB is a guy that makes the most of his talent but somehow such guys (or defensive minded players in general) get hated on here as though it's not a legit way of playing.
Anyway, when he wins, it causes ruins. And I love chaos. So good result for internet activity.
PCB is a hell of a player

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PCB is a guy that makes the most of his talent but somehow such guys (or defensive minded players in general) get hated on here as though it's not a legit way of playing.
Anyway, when he wins, it causes ruins. And I love chaos. So good result for internet activity.
It's perfectly legit, just mug stuff because these defencebots have a lower cap than attacking warriors so they only win when the latter aren't playing well enough. Not the defencebot's fault per se as it's what he does best naturally, he's just destined to be an ATP mug at best, sad but true, life's not fair, etc.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Very under rated. No real weakness. Good hands. Intelligent. I guess bland personality is why he causes ruins. I dont mind him at all

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I don't like his playing style, but that's not the reason I don't like him. It's his fucking reactions that make me want to punch his face.
Oh, and he is also a faker.

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
actually spot on on all accounts

thats what she/i said

someone here said last year messi was better at the same age haha, think it was enlightened
We don't agree on much, but yeah I can agree with you that Sinner is the next thing in tennis.

He has almost an almost Safin like effortless quality on his shots or maybe Berdych, but he scrambles around a lot less.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Incredible match, both players deserved to win. Sinner displayed great fighting spirit and shotmaking, the final result doesn’t matter that much at this stage of his career. I hope he can take positive things from this match and work on his net game and second serve. This reminds me a lot of the Zverev-Simon match here 4 years ago which had almost the exact scoreline, hopefully Sinner can also make top 20 before the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Very under rated. No real weakness. Good hands. Intelligent. I guess bland personality is why he causes ruins. I dont mind him at all

PCB, right ?

I always say that - a player with no weapons and no weak spots.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts