Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread yet??

We were just 1 point away from a FAA vs sinner semi but what can you do...

Great run for Felix here after some disappointing results and maybe he can snatch his first title here.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Felix did very well considering he was sick. Really hope he feels better tomorrow because PCB will not be easy.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I like Bedene and am one of not many people here recognizing his progress in the last few years, but that was somewhat a choke. Got broken from 40-0 serving to stay in the 1st set and lost the tiebreak from 4-2 in the 2nd. Should have done better.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had only time to watch a bit from the last few games. Felix played rather well here, but he was coughing repeatedly. Hopefully, he won't feel too bad tomorrow, he needs to be reasonably fit to make it against PCB.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The tiebreak was awesome, I would kill to play like that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
LOL! How is PCB evil?
Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) are a group of manmade chemicals. Commercial production of PCBs ended in 1977 because of health effects associated with exposure. In 1979, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) banned the use of PCBs; however, PCBs are still present in many pre-1979 products and exists in tennis..

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
I like Bedene and am one of not many people here recognizing his progress in the last few years, but that was somewhat a choke. Got broken from 40-0 serving to stay in the 1st set and lost the tiebreak from 4-2 in the 2nd. Should have done better.
4-2 isn't really any margin for a tiebreak, even 40-0's can go quickly against quick hitters, but you have a point there.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) are a group of manmade chemicals. Commercial production of PCBs ended in 1977 because of health effects associated with exposure. In 1979, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) banned the use of PCBs; however, PCBs are still present in many pre-1979 products and exists in tennis..
LOL The ostrich scores again!
I wish you and the cephalapod would have some back and forth, just so I could see what that looks like.

·
Registered
952 Posts
4-2 isn't really any margin for a tiebreak, even 40-0's can go quickly against quick hitters, but you have a point there.
That's why I said "somewhat". It's not really a choke, but he shouldn't get broken from 40-0..this isn't clay and he isn't Dudi Sela or some other 170cm guy...I just expected more from him today.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Yes to kids in Tennis in the poorest part of Togo, where his dad is from.
Was that his dad in the box the other day?
I've never seen him in the box, usually it's his mom and sister.
It was a black man, so I assumed it was his dad ...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Was that his dad in the box the other day?
I've never seen him in the box, usually it's his mom and sister.
It was a black man, so I assumed it was his dad ...
I read somewhere, or heard, that his Dad was sitting behind Felix's coach sometime this week, so yes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts