Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Monfils on winning a second title in as many weeks. He played exactly like I thought he would and there was no reason not to with the amount of unforced errors was making. Felix never gave up and played some great tennis at the end but it was too late. As for Felix, 0-4 in finals and hasn't even won a set so far will hurt but I know he has the determination to bounce back. Looking back at how poor he's been since Wimbledon this is still a very good week for him.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Great week for Felix, but bad day at the office today. Monfils was super steady but Felix was all over the place. Well deserved for Monfils though.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Thank you for the money FAA 0-4 in finals is bad for you and you will get a title eventually, but thanks for getting me that cash
Couldn't have been a lot

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Monfils was rather bad, but FAA was on another level (excluding the two games from down 5-2 *40-15). Terrible final, but I didn't expect anything else with these two. Both are just dreadful in important matches.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Monfils had championship points at 40-15 on serve and with the score at 5-2. He hadn't faced a break point yet...But he saw that the crowd needed drama so he delivered.

The less said about this final the better. First time he wins more than one tournament in a year. He finally gets to double digits in titles. He can do nothing for the rest of the year and I'd be satisfied. You guys can worry about your slam race and all that.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
FAA was lucky that Monfils gave him an opportunity at 2-6 2-5* to not completely embarrass himself by squandering 4 MP, but other than that it was the worst performance on a tennis court since Groove lost to a 60-year-old

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sad.Young prospect loses to aging tier 2 player with ease...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Disappointing, but not unexpected. Felix needs to fix his problems in finals, needs plan b too.

Good start for the year for monfils.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i really dont know what its going to take for felix to actually win a final. he's only 19 and made 4 and thats good but never at any point did he ever even look like he had the chance to win any of the 4 he's played. give him a pass here because these courts are pretty much taylor made for monfils. no one was ever beating him here on this swamp. however the other 3 were winnable .

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That Clownfils with two titles in a row. Very sad days for Tennis. ?‍♀ ?‍♀

·
Registered
449 Posts
Good week for FAA but really scrappy tennis here. Felix is showing form though, he should break the final jinx this season. He needs a mental boost more than anything. He still seems nervy under pressure. When he's down 2 breaks in the 2nd set he suddenly relaxes and plays better.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
First time Monfils has won two titles in a season. Appears he's taking tennis seriously this year for whatever reason. For as long as that interest lasts, he's going to stay firmly in the top 10 (and maybe even reach the top 5).

Felix had little shot here given Monfils' defensive strengths on a court playing this slow. He could have played better, but I doubt it would have mattered much in the end. Hopefully he'll take some confidence from this week, he'd been in terrible form since last summer. Unfortunately, I expect that the 0-4 in finals thing may start becoming a burden on his mind when he gets back in this spot again.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts