Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
81,389 Posts
Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated January 7, 2009)

I thought so too, but I don't think he'll play Rotterdam. Would be very stupid to play that without any lead-up events in any case.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

Sluiter had already said that he considering playing Rotterdam as he isn't going to be ready to play such a high level event so soon after coming out of retirement. And from what I understand Krajicek wasn't too upset that Sluiter wasn't coming after organizing a farewell for Sluiter last year only to have him say he's coming back a couple of months later.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Too bad that Robin isn't fit in time for the tournament. It was great to see him play last year!

I can't wait till the time is finally there... a whole week of tennis in front of us! Rafa for title!!

And if not Rafa, then Lopez or Andreev ;).... (you never know if wishful thinking might work one day...;) )

·
F***ing have it
17,467 Posts

Rainer :yeah:

·
Registered
244 Posts

I thought there was a withdrawel... Davydenko... or is he still coming? I'd like to see Tipsy in as well :)

·
Registered
11,323 Posts

Is Davydenko a certainty for this tournament?

Before he said he would comeback here.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts

wildcards to Thiemo de Bakker en Dimitrov (Bul)

nadal will receive a wildcard for the doubles tournament

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 4, 2009)

Great to see Grigor, i don't expect him to do much but it is priceless experience

·
Registered
244 Posts

Is Davydenko a certainty for this tournament?

Before he said he would comeback here.
You might be right about this one. I was reading an article yesterday, and it said that DAvydenko has made a reservation for a hotel room, so good chance he's back in business here in Rotterdam. :cool:

·
MONSOON season.
81,389 Posts

OMFG Dimitrov?

Ridiculous choice. In Rosmalen, the guy was clearly not ready. And then to expect him to perform at a much bigger event is crazy. No one in the crowd will know him either :shrug: Would have been better to give it to Koning or Middelkoop. They may be no-hopers, but at least they are Dutch. I mean, good luck to Dimitrov but really, what a choice.

Thiemo is a logical choice.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Ahem CooCoo, I am afraid they are pushing him too early into the big tournaments. He's 17, too young.. he needs at least one CALM year playing futures and challengers and developing nicely his game as his father was doing in the past. Indeed, this WC can hurt him more than do him good, while some Dutch player can benefit greatly from it. The Spaniards are a little obsessed with early bloomers I believe.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

Can anyone open the tourney's website? I can't. :confused:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts