Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope noone minds me opening this thread right now.
For some strange kind of reason I feel that he'll indeed show up in The Netherlands coming week. :bounce:

Doris and me will be there all week. And be sure we'll be cheering for Rog as loud as we can (without feeling embarrassed about myself, that is, in my case ;)) :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

The draw just came out:

2012 ROTTERDAM

MAIN DRAW

[1] Roger Federer (SUI) vs Nicolas Mahut (FRA)
Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) vs Igor Kunitsyn (RUS)
[WC] Igor Sijsling (NED) vs Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Lukasz Kubot (POL) vs [6] Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR)

[4] Feliciano Lopez (ESP) vs Qual.
Robin Haase (NED) vs Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)
Alex Bogomolov (RUS) vs Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR)
Flavio Cipolla (ITA) vs [5] Richard Gasquet (FRA)

[7] Viktor Troicki (SRB) vs [WC] Thiemo De Bakker (NED)
[WC] Jesse Huta Galung (NED) vs Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Qual. vs Philipp Petzschner (GER)
Michael Llodra (FRA) vs [3] Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)

[8] Marcel Granollers (ESP) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
Qual. vs Andreas Seppi (ITA)
Qual. vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Lukas Rosol (CZE) vs [2] Tomas Berdych (CZE)

Rog's first match will be against Nico Mahut, looks like a match worth looking forward to! :D

Not much "bad luck" with the draw, good to see Del Potro being in Berdych's half. May they take about four hours to beat one another in the semis. :devil:

And o_O my 'future main fav' Alex Dolgopolov appears to be on Rog's side of the draw...!
Well... I'll be biting my nails should they indeed meet. :p

I will try and keep you all updated as much as Ze Intarwab in the hotel allows me to do so. :D :wavey:

NB: NYCTennisfan, please sticky this thread for the upcoming week? :)

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
I hope you and Doris will have a great time! :D
Goooooooooo Roger!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I really hope he shows up in Rotterdam, especially since he "only" played two matched in Davis Cup this weekend. The switch from clay to HC has me a bit worried though. Still it would be great if I actually get a chance to see Roger live in Rotterdam next week.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allez Fed! Would be nice for him to win here ;) I hope you two have fun and get to see him play several matches :D
That will depend on Rog, more than on us. ;)

Krajicek just announced his R1 match is on Wednesday btw :)
Sort-of expected. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My thoughts had already turned to Rotterdam after Friday so thanks for starting this thread Karin. Hope you and Doris have a great time. I'll be cheering Roger on from my sitting room.

Was a little disappointed that Roger has to play Nicky Mahut so early - I've always liked the Frenchman and enjoyed his game.

Hey! I see we both have the same "next fav" ;)

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Youzhny for R2 has played great in Rotterdam in recent years but seemingly has not been able to play in Davis cup on friday : he only played doubles.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Roger is scheduled to play a training match against del Potro tomorrow at 17.00, I really hope this means that Roger is planning on coming to Rotterdam:bounce:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Please put that horror DC show behind you Roger and kick some ass in Rotterdam. Bring back Indoorer please :D

ALLEZ~ #71 is up for grabs!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
aw yeaaa I'm looking foward to see Rog vs Mahut and Younzhy hopefully. Seeing my fave player get buried into the ground over and over again at GM, it's always much appreciated to come here to the Fed Forum and see true Fed fans :yeah:

Reactions: Sunset of Age

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Best of luck to Roger in Rotterdam! Sunset of Age and Doris~~have a wonderful time and cheer for all of us.

Allez!!

Luna

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
No problems today. Nothing special really, some nice points though as always, especially at the net and one great passing shot I remember.

QF vs Nieminen on Friday then! Poor Youzhny.
I was at work so I had a livestream up but couldn't follow all that closely. I was a bit worried by the number of games Mahut held to love. Hope it's that he was serving really well and not that Roger's return is that bad.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I was at work so I had a livestream up but couldn't follow all that closely. I was a bit worried by the number of games Mahut held to love. Hope it's that he was serving really well and not that Roger's return is that bad.
I only watched it from the second set myself but Nico did seem to be serving well, and Fed still got in a couple of great returns so not too much to be worried about, although maybe someone who watched the whole match might be able to say more!

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
I read on RF.com that Doris hurt her foot when she arrived to Rotterdam and is going around with some kind of cast or boot! Poor girl! Maybe with the walkover she can take a day off to rest it. Get well soon, Doris :hug:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts