Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mitya's 7th title, 2nd on grass and he's almost back to the Top-50.

Very clean performance by Tursunov. His play was almost a textbook example of controlled aggression -- he was returning superbly (needed just a couple of games to adjust to Dodig's first serve) and constructing points thoughtfully rather than bashing the ball. He completely tore apart Dodig' FH either forcing an ugly error from the Croat or opening up the court for a subsequent BH CC. Solid net play and a couple of spectacular dropshots and passing shots were a nice addition to his game.

Granted, it was only Dodig whose attempt of forehand is a huge liability on grass (and not only on grass) but it was so great to see Mitya smiling again.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
All we saw here was what happens when Dodig plays a high level shotmaker. Dima was just too good, not an amazing match, but too good on the day.

Another grass title for Dima, a great way to go into Wimbledon.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Unicef F: Tursunov def. Dodig 6-3, 6-2

congrats to him on the title

surprised that there isnt a thread for this already though

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Expected. Average player like Dodig can win titles only if he bribes line judges like in Zagreb.

·
Registered
20,721 Posts
Re: Unicef F: Tursunov def. Dodig 6-3, 6-2

always bad when brainless ballbasher winning but this time deserving . Dodig just has too weak forehand for another step up . Anyway great result for Dodig

·
Registered
20,721 Posts
All we saw here was what happens when Dodig plays a high level shotmaker. Dima was just too good, not an amazing match, but too good on the day.

Another grass title for Dima, a great way to go into Wimbledon.
:haha::haha:

Even I could be a high level shotmaker if I play on the grass against the guy who is running two meters behind the baseline and returning back short flat balls . Against any of top player through his carrier Tursunov looked more like brainless ballbasher than high level shotmaker

Even when he is on the top of his game Tursunov is still ballbasher, guys like Gasquet or Wawrinka when they are on the top are high level shotmakers, surely Tursunov isn't

·
Registered
19,427 Posts
Well done Dima finally he won a title :bigclap:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Finally!
Go Dima, i'm really happy about this.
Dima is having moments of good quality tennis this year.
That's good, the career's not over.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,468 Posts
Tursunov a high level shotmaker? :spit:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I don't hate Dodig at all. I like Dodig, he's just not that talented. It's not hate to be honest with his ability level, which is mediocre. But he's a great fighter.

With that said, when he plays a shotmaker who doesn't miss, he can't do much.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Dima is a high level shotmaker when he's on his game. He ballbashes, but he can pull off excellent shots, with good consistency. He can play with margin as well, like he did today. Today he wasn't just smacking the ball around, he moved Dodig all over the court and hit deep. He's got really good groundstrokes.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
7th? I don't remember that many!

:woohoo:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
He has actually more titles than Berdych

·
Registered
8,565 Posts