Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Diego in three

Votes: 14 51.9%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the tennis gods have heard upon our cries about this tournament and clay sucking and decided to give us a match we all wanted to see between 2 incredible talented shotmakers.

Going with Shapo in three but needless to say tennis wins either way and the winner needs to win the tournament.

·
Registered
16,774 Posts
Shorty in 3, as he looked out the better of this 2 yesterday.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
68,203 Posts
Shapo please

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
If Diego can play like that again, it's his. Otherwise, shap.
I seriously doubt he will play like twice in a row.

Worst case scenario: He does play like that twice in a row, beats Shap, then collapses for Djok.
Djok's draw here has been a fucking Djok. Someone make him pay!!!! Diego or Shap I could be happy wither way, but with Rafa gone, Shap is my main man.

·
Rankings Master
15,874 Posts
Shapo surprisingly hadn't confirmed his new Top 10 status before this match, because Sxhwartzman defeated Nadal, so he can seal the deal with this match, otherwise Diego can steal the spot with a title.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am hoping Diego can win, since he's the only player remaining in the draw that can defeat or at least trouble Djokovic. It's only fitting that he wins the title, after yesterday's performance.

·
justice for all
15,151 Posts
Normally I’d be rooting for Denis but Diego is the Great Little man and for how he played last night he deserves to go all the way here. So I’m impartial here. Let the best man win and hopefully the winner of this match wins the whole tournament.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Fix name in title ffs.

Schapowalow in 3

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Shortman was flying yesterday but 2 days ago he was struggling with Hurkacz. Not sure which version will appear today but going with Diego in 3. Hopefully he will reach his first big final. Should be an interesting match, they can deliver a spectacle.

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
since shavapovalov is most likely a challenger-scrub i've never heard of i'd say schwartzman with a double bagel and one point short of a golden match because DF on MP.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If Diego plays like tonight - should close it in 2 ofc

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The victory against Rafa will give to Diego a huge boost. If he can play at the same level as last night, he should win and I think he can give a better challenge on clay to Nole than Denis in the final (Remember the SF last year in Rome where he pushed Djoko to a long 3 setters and the 5 sets in RG a couple of years ago).
In the other hand, the next day after beating a legend is never easy for a tennis player and he might also feel the pressure to reach a first final in a Masters1000. Denis has already reached a final in a Masters1000 and on clay, he is not supposed to go so far. So the pressure will be more on Diego's side. So, it might go either way. 50-50 for me.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think Schweppesman wins here, very possibly in 2 sets as well. Will be a real challenge for valov, but if he serves well and plays with controlled aggression he definitely can win it, a much better chance against then against nadal. Hoping for valov, but expecting a shorty win here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts