·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Ruud here!

·
Banned
348 Posts
I don't believe in hyping my favorite before a match but I wouldn't be surprised to see an improved and more polished performance from Nole here.

But as long as he keeps winning it doesn't matter how he does it. I just want to see him winning this to give himself a chance of winning Rome so he bounces back from the DQ in the best way possible.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If djokovic improves a straight set win should be expected, however if he keeps fooling around than a tough 3 setter can occur, who knows an upset can't be ruled out(djokovic would need to play really bad for it though, he is better than ruud in everything). A better BP conversion % needs to happen as well, not to mention he needs to save BP on his serve, it will help him a lot.

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
Well good test for Nole in his transition to Clay process.....

Would have said Casper lacks power to bother him two days before (like in Schwartzman case) but would not be feeling as embarrassed as Rafatards today with such an assertion....

Just hope Casper has not found his own Eugenia de Martino ^^

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never get the Ruud hate on here.
The kid is 21, a former ITF #1 and is improving leaps and bounds on a monthly basis. Plays a clay court game, but imo a fun player to watch with a massive forehand and tons of spin power.
Top spin players makes opponents miss. That does not mean that the opponents are necessarily playing terrible against these top spin players. Ruuds opposition does not magically choke when they face him, like they did not choke against Nadal when everyone thought he had it so easy against poorly performing opponents.

Here are som rps match stats from quarters for comparison.
Susprised ny the Nadal vs Ruud numbers. Saw Ruud hitting higher numbers and at 50 on BH in previous matches in Rome, which is beyond silly.

·
The special one
14,381 Posts
Ruud went 3 hours yesterday so I doubt he has much left to trouble Novak, plus Novak will want to end this as quickly as possible to save energy for the final, plus with the other SF not happening until much later today a quick and easy match will help him for the final. I've never understood the schedule of this tournament, common sense would suggest to play both WTA SFs first. Anyway Novak drops no more than 7 games.

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
Novak in 2, one set maybe close, if he still plays tentative, but would rule that rather out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts