Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Fantastic match between two great fighters. The best of the tournament. Pity there couldn’t be two winners tonight. Good luck to Diego for the final. Hopefully he’ll have enough left in the tank.
Yes, I agree. I honestly thought Denis would serve it out, but alas, that didn't happen. Still they both played their hearts out there. And, congrats to Diego. Good luck in the final. Congrats to Shapo for making another clay cour SF in a Masters.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
No Nadal curse then.

Shapovalov choking in final set to serve it out, with a bit too many errors at the key moments in the final set.
Schwartzman was just unbelievably versatile from the baseline... congrats for 1st Masters final.
No, he did not choke. He was keenly aware of what a good returner DS is and that caused him to tighten up in the key moments. But, to push one of the best clay courters like that shows how far he's come.

·
Banned
2,172 Posts
Schwartzman needed:

2 hours and 15 minutes to beat Millman
2 hours and 5 minutes to beat Hurkacz
2 hours to beat Nadal
3 hours and 15 minutes to beat Shapovalov

And next he’ll play Novak in 18 hours…
This is normal. Diego is very strong physically. Even that is a virtue that helps him win games against opponents technically superior to him (Like Shapo for example).
Besides, it is an M1000 final and I don't know if Diego will arrive another time.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Diego playing the tennis of his life, let's see if he can cap off a career week tomorrow

Shapo just a bit too erratic in the end there, DFs, bad droppers, missed FH way out, DSS was so clutch in the end
Interestingly Diego said after the match he didn't think he played well, thought he served badly.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I very much enjoyed this one and it absolutely has the most sympathetic of them pulling through. I also think it doesn't matter for Djoker to be against Denis or Diego as neither has a chance but I think Diego will put more of a fight but he must be tired so we will see if he's rested for tomorrow.

·
Your visions will happen
48,559 Posts
Interestingly Diego said after the match he didn't think he played well, thought he served badly.
That's good he thinks that because this level vs Shapo will not get it done vs Joker

·
Registered
999 Posts
A very well deserved win for shorty, its fair that he reached the final after beating nadal in the QF, he is in form and very dangerous at the moment. Congrats to him.

Denis had his chances but let them slip away and paid the prize, however he played well this week on clay and he keeps improving. The last 2 loses he had were tough and close matches, it might sting right now but he will learn to win these matches, now he should focus on having a good run in the FO, he can have a decent run there. Good week for him, onward and upwards shapo

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a match!
Shapo has really come to age in the last few months, much more focused and consistent than before.
Won't be surprised if he makes a GS final or even wins one very soon (he should really target Wimbledon with his style of play).
And Diego, what can you say?
What a fighter and an inspiration for all the small players

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Lmao at that 3rd set breakfast, even in the TB.

Amazing.

·
Super Moderator
7,623 Posts
You just can't beat Rafa at a clay event and not take a plate home, whatever it may be. Super happy for Diego!

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
41 - 60 of 81 Posts