Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What dreary rubbish posted by Djokovic & Federer fans, I thought we had a thread for them to argue in? This is meant to focus on the match, which was of good quality for large parts.

Reactions: raysun68

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I thought that unfolding apocalypse would make people get their priorities straight, instead of that, these asylum conversations have gotten even more demented.
Silly me...

Reactions: ivanban

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dude, Federer became a grass goat thanks to the fact his toughest opposition for years was 20-22 year old Spanish claycourter + playing Halle for a decade and staying well away from Queens. Talk about weak sauce.
residual pain and bitterness, since the quality is always more important than quantity.
No one thinks the Roddick and Hewitt matches were classics.
How can Fred be GOAT when Djoker beat him and should’ve beaten him and Nadal earlier?
Djoker‘d be totally wiping them out if he wasn’t injured and hadn’t suffered with an unknown gluten allergy.

Fed was with Mug Roddick who choked annoyingly, at 2004/2009 Wimbledon and Year End championship? 😂 Mainstream media says those were amazing classics!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well his first final loss at Rome was to Felix Mantilla (a complete nobody).
I know everybody is probably a nobody with you're a stalker fan but in case you didn't realise Felix Mantilla career highlights:

• 10 career titles including a Masters 1000
  • Ranked in top 10
  • Roland SF, Aus Open QF.
  • $5.3 mill in career prize money (prob would have earned double prize money if adjusted to current levels)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
What have we learned from 7 pages of (almost entirely) off-topic discussion?
When Krajinovic is in Federer's draw - it's tough, when he's in Djokovic's - that's cakewalk?!
Priceless!
Btw, hasn't this guy Ruud been hyped as one of the most promising next-geners? Wasn't he the one who removed the GS champion Cilic from the draw?!

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I know everybody is probably a nobody with you're a stalker fan but in case you didn't realise Felix Mantilla career highlights:

• Ranked in top 10
  • $5.3 mill in career prize money (prob would have earned double prize money if adjusted to current levels)
I would imagine it would be significantly more than double the prize money. $400,000 back then for Rome, €958,055 for last year's champion. Not sure of conversion but the euro is stronger than the dollar was back then and still is.

Felix Mantilla won Barcelona, too, and got $135,600. Dominic Thiem earned €503,015 for it last year.

Novak Djokovic got €590,000 for the Roland Garros semi final last year and Felix Mantilla earned $162,271.

And so on.

I'm pretty sure Marin Cilic is number 10 in the all-time prize money leaders, which offers some insight into how strong it is now.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

• Ranked in top 10
So not really any better than Diego? My point wasn't to say that Mantilla was trash only that he wasn't some great player or all time great. He had a decent career and Federer should have beat him. Also his 1 M1000 is the tournament that he beat Federer in the final. Literally the only big tournament he won in his career was the tournament I am talking about Fed should have won...

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
Reactions: Tennis9000+

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
What a disgusting match. Djokovic pushing and waiting for opponent’s errors, servebotting, cheating with too much time between points when down break points and screaming at the umpire (should have been defaulted for that).

The player without the BH channeling his inner Federer and choking at 40-15 when serving for the set. Then imploding with millions of unforced errors and gifting the match to the Serbian vulture.

Tennis lost today. Hopefully Shapo or Diego will save it tomorrow.
WTF are you on about? Djokovic outwinnered Ruud 37-26 and had the same number of UE at 19-19.

Of course the hater also whines about Djokovic arguing with the umpire when Novak was right every time. If anyone should have been defaulted it was the guy who cursed at the umpire in a Slam final

·
Registered
962 Posts
So not really any better than Diego? My point wasn't to say that Mantilla was trash only that he wasn't some great player or all time great. He had a decent career and Federer should have beat him. Also his 1 M1000 is the tournament that he beat Federer in the final. Literally the only big tournament he won in his career was the tournament I am talking about Fed should have won...
well you referred to him as "a complete nobody" so maybe choose your words better. and the comparison is rather pointless given the Mantilla vs Federer was in 2003 before Roger had even won a slam.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Loved this one. Best Djoker is upset Djoker and roaring Djoker :) He has to fight against adversity otherwise he is flat and his level drops. Business end of first set was epic for standard ATP match.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts