Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
you've been in damage control mode for some time now, doesn't it get tedious? always trying to defend the undefendable and making yourself look like a fool in the process?
Lol, no arguments, just personal attacks.

And typically charmless ones.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
nah, just a mere observation.
but i get it, you just have to. the old man is doing shit for some time now while his two main rivals are closing in and eating away on his records. it sucks, but that's life. better get over it.
It's so easy to reduce you to generalities and personal abuse.

·
Premium Member
21,331 Posts
None of you are able to find an equivalently easy Masters draw that Federer had.

And the reason is obvious:

This is the weakest era ever.
Dude, Federer became a grass goat thanks to the fact his toughest opposition for years was 20-22 year old Spanish claycourter + playing Halle for a decade and staying well away from Queens. Talk about weak sauce.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I had checked the score in the middle of the first set, and Djokovic was down a break. So, I figured that the first set was gone, and that he was even in danger of not winning the match.

Then I just checked the score a little while ago, and Djokovic didn't even lose a set! :sneaky:

·
Your visions will happen
48,559 Posts
Not bad from Ruud, like his game and mentality

Djokovic is so pissed off about everything these days, and I get it. He was angry all match today, the umpire deserved it, he got an obscenity warning today, smashed a racquet yesterday, the guy is tense

He has so much history on the line and at stake every time he steps to the court and it is really showing. He's chasing ghosts while defending against the pack. I'd say bring a guru back but then he goes too far the other way. Just has to try to balance the light and the dark within and bring out his best game

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
He's chasing ghosts while defending against the pack.

Well, does anybody know if he's ever given Ghostbusters a buzz??? In fact, I hear they're toll-free these days. Well, at least Casper was a friendly one today! :LOL:

It would definitely be nice if he could show a bit more restraint on the court.

·
Registered
68,202 Posts
Nid but it was a great run by Casper! Well deserved result

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here's Fed's route in Rome 2006:

Chela, Starace, Stepanek, Almagro, Nalbandian, Rafa!

But don't expect Djokovic fans to know who any of those players are, bar Rafa and maybe Nalbandian.
Bar Rafa and Nalbandian all other mentioned players were outside of Top15. What's your point?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Dude, Federer became a grass goat thanks to the fact his toughest opposition for years was 20-22 year old Spanish claycourter + playing Halle for a decade and staying well away from Queens. Talk about weak sauce.
Do you even believe any of this incoherent nonsense?

Staying on topic, the claim was made by a Djokovic fan that Federer's 04-07 Masters were routinely as easy as Djokovic's draw here. And yet when challenged to name an example, neither that poster nor anyone else has been able to come up with a convincing instance.

The ignorance of the average Djokovic fan about the tennis of the past is jaw-dropping.

·
Premium Member
21,331 Posts
as easy as Djokovic's draw here.
There's nothing easy about the draw here, that's the biggest nonsense, and that goes on you and other Fedtards. Nobody has ever played their first clay tournament (a masters no less) in a year right after they played the USO. That fact alone makes it as hard as it gets.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
A laughable draw. You would honestly think this was a 250 looking at Djokovic’s draw. What a vulture.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
There's nothing easy about the draw here, that's the biggest nonsense, and that goes on you and other Fedtards. Nobody has ever played their first clay tournament (a masters no less) in a year right after they played the USO. That fact alone makes it as hard as it gets.
Nothing easy about Caruso, Krajinovic, Köpfer, Ruud to make a Masters final?

Deary me, you'll say anything, won't you?

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's all you could come up with? Grosjean early on and then Malisse - Gonzalez - Gasquet!

The SF alone (Gonzalez as opposed to Ruud) disqualifies this example.
Do you even know in what kind of form were those players back then or you're just speaking based on the general popularity?
If you need some help, I'm glad to provide 😉

Screenshot_20200920_223244.jpg
Screenshot_20200920_223421.jpg
Screenshot_20200920_223449.jpg
Screenshot_20200920_223530.jpg
Screenshot_20200920_223555.jpg

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
Can't 40-15erer fans just disappear for the rest of the year like their fave? It's over. Every single one of his records are about to get smashed by King, and probably Nadal too. Just accept it and deal with it.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts