Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not too impressed with Ruud. His backhand and ROS need a lot of work.
Djokovic looking very beatable.

·
Registered
29,207 Posts
Yeah..

It seems the only possible way to defeat Novak Djokovic in 2020 is to disqualify him. What a monster..
Yeah, I mean... to struggle and eventually overcome such a titan of the game as Casper Ruud in a masters semi? Only Novack could have done this.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Easy to win Rome when you get schwartzman in the final. Federer never got this lucky though. So fuck off you arrogant djokosucker.
😳 wow

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I love the fact there was a crowd again. Italian's do have taste as the Djoker was cheered. The big story still is that there are incapable referee's on the ATP tour and the ITF has shown already that they employ an incapable head referee a couple of weeks ago. They need to fix those problems ASAP. How can a professional referee judge 3 or 4 out balls so wrong is beyond me.

The first set was tighter then it should've been as Djoker's accuracy was all over the place. I don't know what was the problem, the wind looked managable so I think it was his focus. I understand it's not easy for the GOAT to pump yourself up when playing youngsters that aren't arrived yet or have meaningful results at the biggest stages but its becoming quite worrisome to always start so unfoccused and then chase the scores. He eventually always wins in 2020 unless an incapable head ref DQ's him.

Anyways the unbeaten streak continues 29-0* Go break another record champ!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Give me a break 😂

Federer 2003-06 era>>>this crap

Djokovic competition since 2014 is a joke, but 2016+ really outdoes it all, 2014-15 was still semi decent years. Now every year is worse than the other. 2020 the worst of them all
Here's Fed's route in Rome 2006:

Chela, Starace, Stepanek, Almagro, Nalbandian, Rafa!

But don't expect Djokovic fans to know who any of those players are, bar Rafa and maybe Nalbandian.

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Ruud one of the rare players i don't enjoy watching who isn't a servebot. That extreme forehand grip and crappy backhand is not appealing to me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about you find me an example of a Federer Masters draw that was as easy as this one.

Warning: this exercise presupposes knowledge of tennis prior to 2011.
That's easy. Toronto 2006. Mathieu - Grosjean - Tursunov - Malisse - Gonzalez (15th and only seeded player he faced) and world number 51 Gasquet in the final.

Novak's path to the final has been incredibly easy, but just like Federer in 2006, it's not his fault that seeded players were all atrocius.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nole playing without the FH for set and a half, decent BH and great serve.
I hope he brings the level of the last games of today for tomorrow's match if he really wants the title.

Winning the title here can mean actually leaving behing the USO's DQ

Vamos Nole!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
That's easy. Toronto 2006. Mathieu - Grosjean - Tursunov - Malisse - Gonzalez (15th and only seeded player he faced) and world number 51 Gasquet in the final.

Novak's path to the final has been incredibly easy, but just like Federer in 2006, it's not his fault that seeded players were all atrocius.
That's all you could come up with? Grosjean early on and then Malisse - Gonzalez - Gasquet!

The SF alone (Gonzalez as opposed to Ruud) disqualifies this example.

·
Your visions will happen
48,559 Posts
Always found the "strong era/weak era" debates tiresome and irrelevant

You play who is in front of you. It is not your fault if other players do not show up or your rivals are not in the best form. Whoever you play had to win many matches to get there vs high level opponents

Besides, many times it is the player you least expect to win that pulls off the upset

·
Registered
29,207 Posts

Oh god, how brainwashed do you have to be to believe this garbage.

You are claiming that beating Mathieu, Grosjean, Tursunov, Malisse and Gonzalez is as easy as playing

BYE - Caruso - Krajinovic - Koepfer - Ruud ?????

You're beyond help. I truly mean that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, I mean... to struggle and eventually overcome such a titan of the game as Casper Ruud in a masters semi? Only Novack could have done this.
I was talking about 2020. in general. So, let's see..

Federer
Nadal
Thiem

Medvedev
Tsitsipas
RBA
Shapovalov
Schwartzman
Monfils
Khachanov
Raonic
Anderson...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Here's Fed's route in Rome 2006:

Chela, Starace, Stepanek, Almagro, Nalbandian, Rafa!

But don't expect Djokovic fans to know who any of those players are, bar Rafa and maybe Nalbandian.
and still he wasn't able to win rome or beat rafa in the final even in his weak era prime. something nole did twice here, so just fuck off with your crap as you have no point here.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Oh god, how brainwashed do you have to be to believe this garbage.

You are claiming that beating Mathieu, Grosjean, Tursunov, Malisse and Gonzalez is as easy as playing

BYE - Caruso - Krajinovic - Koepfer - Ruud ?????

You're beyond help. I truly mean that.
Unfortunately you are beyond help. I do not watch tennis to hate any player. Unlike 80% of the members here. If Grosjean was good in 2001 and 2002 that didn't mean anything in 2006. All players Federer faced were unseeded except for the 15th seed Gonzalez and he beat world world number 51 for the title. I know, you probably think that playing Bjorkman in 2006 at Wimbledon at SF stage was a part of a tough, tough draw for Federer, but his path to the final at Toronto Masters 2006 was just as easy as Djokovic's in Rome, because Djokovic won't face world number 51 tomorrow. I already stated that Djokovic had a ridiculously easy path to the final, probably the easiest ever of his career together with Toronto 2012.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
and still he wasn't able to win rome or beat rafa in the final even in his weak era prime. something nole did twice here, so just fuck off with your crap as you have no point here.
Lol! I think I do have a point, pal.

And that's what's got you so upset.

None of you are able to find an equivalently easy Masters draw that Federer had.

And the reason is obvious:

This is the weakest era ever.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts