Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Return of the King! Rafa seems to have used the time off the court wisely. Based on what I saw he was sharp and on his usual clay level. If that's the way he's playing now I can imagine how will he play with even more matches on clay!

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Nadal giving tennis lessons to Djokopusher and showing him how it's actually done.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I hate these type of matches...They tell u nothing
Nadal was solid,PCB was garbage

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nice warm up for Rafa. Seems like just one step up from the training he's been doing.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Rafa did lose one game in each set, even though he had break points in both games. Still shaking off the rust?

·
justice for all
14,314 Posts
Good from Nadal as for his first match since over 200 days.
Was probably training a lot on clay during the hiatus instead of going to corona parties.
PCB was quite poor though - probably still feeling fatigue and jet lag from New York.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Busta doesn't have the power, the serve, or any weapon to trouble Nadal even a little. This match is the same as all their others on clay and doesn't say anything. We'll see what happens when he plays someone who has the game to beat him.
That will be no-one here.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Busta doesn't have the power, the serve, or any weapon to trouble Nadal even a little. This match is the same as all their others on clay and doesn't say anything. We'll see what happens when he plays someone who has the game to beat him.
Yet he was good enough to send the Serbian into asylum.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Carreno successfully avoided a double bagel here.

Nadal had GP in every single Carreno service game.

·
Registered
15,479 Posts
Nadal was relentless for sure, but PCB just has nothing to hurt him with.
He can't outrally him, outserve him, he tried a lot of dropshots, but Nadal reached most of them.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Wow. I know Busta is not a force on clay, but still, Rafa looked fantastic.

I trust he will sweep the clay season.
So good to see him back at last.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I told you the pandemic is only going to prolongue Nadal , Djokovic career , many said the contrary

It will also take away small tournaments needed for other players to gain form / experience

Still too early but...

·
Registered
15,479 Posts
Wow the same Busta who sent Djokovic into meltdown treated like a bum by Nadal....
You are a clueless tennis fan, if you handle hardcourt and clay results/matchups as the same...

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Good match by Nadal considering how long was his layoff. Visibly he was enjoying Mallorca sunshine a lot but Tio Toni didn't allow laziness surely. The campaign for historic slam #20 is underway.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
You are a clueless tennis fan, if you handle hardcourt and clay results/matchups as the same...
Carreno is supposed to be better on clay though.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
rafa looks really sharp, topspin is working nicely.
don't you even dare to get dafaulted again, nole.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts