Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Too good from Ferrer.

Wonder if he will keep up his pattern of losing to the eventual champion in these clay m1000s.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Absolute horror show from Mugbis, but not that it's a huge surprise given the performance he showed yesterday. Ferrer was really good, but for the most part it still was all about Mugbis making unforced errors - Ferrer just had to make sure to put the ball in court as much as possible. There was exactly one good point played by Mugbis - when he broke Ferrer, who was serving for the match, but that's it. Maybe Mugbis can vulture something next week in Nice as it's pretty safe bet that he will be out of RG before the 3rd round anyways.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
jokebis

·
23,063 Posts
Ferrer was good -- 94% 1st Serve in the 2nd Set! :eek: Meanwhile, Gulbis is quite horrible. 20+ UEs in the first Set alone -- remember, it was 6-2. Also just won an abysmal percentage of 2nd Serve points. Ferrer was returning well but Gulbis really gifted some with bad errors. Gulbis' forehand seemed to be ineffective in really finish points now and is committing errors so the purpose of it's "special technique" is kind of diminishing now. I think Ferrer has chances against rusty Djokovic (if he advances to the QF) but he did have problems against Nishikori so it might not be a good indicator of form.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

9 frikinn winners :lol:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice scoreline. :) Ferrer's been returning so well on clay this year. I know he's one of the best returners anyway, but he seems to be even better than usual right now.

Gulbis was poor, but it's not too surprising that he couldn't stay in the rallies in such a slow court.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
More talented player lost.

I am starting to like Ernests more lately and root for him in most matches as I am impressed by his improved attitude etc. He has been doing well but Ferrer is an awful match up for him.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
More talented player lost.

I am starting to like Ernests more lately and root for him in most matches as I am impressed by his improved attitude etc. He has been doing well but Ferrer is an awful match up for him.
1. Ferrer is definitely more talented.

2. What improved attitude? He's always been a hard worker on court, but I haven't seen any decrease in whining to umpire, cursing, smashing, etc.

3. No, Ferrer is simply a better player than him.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
1. Ferrer is definitely more talented.

2. What improved attitude? He's always been a hard worker on court, but I haven't seen any decrease in whining to umpire, cursing, smashing, etc.

3. No, Ferrer is simply a better player than him.
"The Trifecta of Evil: Nadal- Murray- Gulbis"

In answer to your question number 2, I mean his attitude in general. There's nothing wrong with whining, cursing, smashing because some players use it to fire themselves up. Despite what some idiots, who I cannot name out of fear of being banned, on here think. Last year Gulbis was being hyped up as some sort of god. Real number 8 bs etcs but he wasn't actually doing anything. However in the second half of the year he improved his outlook on things, set himself goals and largely has been hitting them. He's winning titles, and doing decent enough at 500's and MS1000's.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts