Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Berdych 30-0 against non top10 players this year.

Another great spectacle. Impressive stuff from both, despite tragic Berdych's forehand and Fognini's backhand performances.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Fognini played well. But Berdych deserved it

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
better player lost

·
Registered
695 Posts
And now compare Madrid's crowd to Rome's crowd. Rome applauding to Berd's points, applauding after he won the match. Never a single whistle or offense thrown at Tomas.

Spanish cattle confirmed.

·
Premium Member
29,587 Posts
Awful that the final tiebreak was so anticlimactic - because, considering the drama, the crowd involvement and the quality of tennis, this was one of the matches of the year. It deserved an epic ending. :(

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
too bad it ended this way ... Fabio needed just tiny bit of nerves to fight in that TB

Now he is lock for 24-32 seed at RG. He can draw Nadal in R3 :devil:

Reactions: Mateya

·
Premium Member
25,775 Posts
fog will not be forgotten.
he will be avenged tomorrow.
and that's an understatement in this case. :D

Yeah, Fognini GOATing in 2nd set, then keeping it head to head in 3rd, just to blow out very quickly in TB.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Probably the only time I have actually rooted for Fognini to win, honestly cannot stand Berdych. Hopefully Fed takes him out in the next round.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Great match. Fognini outplayed Berdych for good part of 2nd and 3rd set. Many points were spectacular. No idea why he decided to go for BH jumping overhead at 1*-0 in the tb, the ball was very slow and he could have made just one step and hit a plain overhead not even needing to jump.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I was rooting for Fognini until I realized Rafa was waiting for Roger in the semis. Then I realized Berdych was needed to avoid that match up at all cost. I dislike Tomas but anything to stop another Fedal match

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,212 Posts
I had been rooting for Fognini all long. Problem was 3rd set didn't take his chances on early BPs and BH failed him somewhat. He started to slice more on it for lack of confidence. Really a shame. Berd's 4th seed at RG almost a lock now. :(

·
Registered
767 Posts
nadal likes it, federer in ruins

·
Registered
21,874 Posts
Only the Fog would tank a final set tiebreak.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts