Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rome R2: Verdasco def [5] Thiem 4-6 6-4 7-5

:wink2::wink2::wink2:

More talented player with the brighter future won.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Obvious blessing in disguise for the overplaying Thiem who still is in doubles this week. No need to over exhaust before RG

As for Nando, well, was his moment, his day, a great match, fun, high level

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Verdasco is a legend of the game.

One of the greatest ever.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great match by Verdasco. At 35 years old, he can still beat just about anybody on tour when his game and mentality are working.

I wonder if he saw Kyrgios' comments about his BH yesterday because it was fantastic all match, especially towards the end.

Sets up a rematch of the incredible match he had with Khachanov last week. A shame that he will likely be tired, but hopefully he can come through again to play Nadal in the QF.

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
so it's another year without a clay masters for Thiem, quite disappointing given that Nadal's form was quite poor as well
Though MC was never his court and in Madrid he met a Djokovic in better form than in previous 2 months altogether. His only chance was here, but he blew it.

This match had everything: drama, passion, animalistic fistpumps by Nando, outchoking each other and unreal luck sometimes.

All in all, Verdasco was the deserved winner, Thiem became an error machine in the decider.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Bye Brainless tard. Always good to see talented shotmaker outlasting that mug.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Despite all the choking and brain cramping, Nando still managed to close it out. Surely top 3 favorite at Roland Garros. Thiem should not panic and not take a wild card in to Lyon this time.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Not if he has to play Verdasco in R1 there.
Yes, he is 4-0 vs Thiem now but with how close this one was, I would expect Thiem to find a way to win in the bigger match and Verdasco find a way to lose. Even so, Dom does not need to spend 4-5 hrs with Verdasco in RG R1

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Verdasco is a legend of the game.

One of the greatest ever.
Verdasco is a mug of the highest order. :lol: He played pretty well today, although a bit fortunate he found the break at the end there.

I agree with Groove, Thiem probably needs the rest so this isn't too bad for him.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Sad to see a player win who just got confirmed to be the most arrogant player on the tour by mighty judge Kyrgios.

I just had to swallow down my own vomit because I had to think of a possible Verdasco benddown against Nadal in the quarters.

Ah well... Thiem already fulfilled his duty by roasting Nadal in Barcelona.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts