Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great result for Troicki! Good for game...

Tomorrow he will play against Kei Nishikori.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Re: V. Troicki defeats F. Lopez 2-1 6-7(2), 6-4, 6-3

I wonder which era was stronger, the one with Troicki at #12 or Lopez at #12.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts

Didn't he get crushed last time he played Kei?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

Mad hatter on suicide watch.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts

Didn't he get crushed last time he played Kei?
Probably and he will do again. That Forehand will be eaten alive by Kei.

This match was predictably awful but Troicki was prepared to get dirty, play some ugly points and if you are willing to do that against Lopez chances are you'll beat him.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Atrocious stuff, serve+push from both.

Lopez didn't seem to care too much, but Troicki choked serving for the first then the tiebreak also.

Lopez was 30/0 up on Troicki's serve at 7/6 4/4, and lost 14 points in a row and five straight games from there. It was that sort of match.

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
Viktor seals the RG seed.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts

For crying out loud, Lopez :facepalm:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I had to leave after watching the first few games on stream. Lalo was atrocious. Then check score later and Lalo won 1st set TB and I thought Viktor was cooked. What a surprise when I saw Viktor won. :lol:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Always wondered how is Feliciano inside top 200.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
its called big serve and anybody outside the top 50 not being able to deal with his slice

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
its called big serve and anybody outside the top 50 not being able to deal with his slice
It is for me that so many players over play against his junk. There were so many rallies in this match were Troicki and his crap forehand were happily dealing with the Lopez slice (which is so overrated) just rolling it back CC. That slice, unless he absolutely pins one on a line or drops one so short players are scrambling for, isn't hurting anyone and is always liable to float into the net or out.

Players seem to think they should be hitting winners off every Lopez shot when in reality they just need to keep him rallying and the ball just moving around and deep. The tough part of Lopez game is getting the serve back.

If Troicki had not imploded first set he'd have wrapped this up in straights no problem

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is for me that so many players over play against his junk. There were so many rallies in this match were Troicki and his crap forehand were happily dealing with the Lopez slice (which is so overrated) just rolling it back CC. That slice, unless he absolutely pins one on a line or drops one so short players are scrambling for, isn't hurting anyone and is always liable to float into the net or out.

Players seem to think they should be hitting winners off every Lopez shot when in reality they just need to keep him rallying and the ball just moving around and deep. The tough part of Lopez game is getting the serve back.

If Troicki had not imploded first set he'd have wrapped this up in straights no problem
this.

Troicki was better player here and he choked in first set.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Oh joy. Nice to see another guy coming back from a doping ban flourishing. :yeah:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts