Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
justice for all
17,602 Posts
Yeah, in general my conclusion is the level of play with exception of Rafa and Djoker is really shit in Rome so far.

So any other final than involving these two will be a surprise to me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This was a lot better than Kitz from Fabio. He will be fine with a few more matches. Is he signed up to play anything else before RG?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Wasted 30 min. On this one , damn

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Lol Fabio man

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I didn't expect Fogna to play this good at all after his absolutely atrocious performance in Kitzbühel, so call me crazy if you like, but the quality of his game in this match was actually a positive surprise for me, even though helped by Humbert's poor level.

Fogna showed signs of the player he used to be (well, whenever he wanted to, in the past, like I already said in live com), especially at the end of the second set, then unfortunately lost the plot in the TB. Some brilliant dropshots from him as well.

So even if he most likely doesn't have time to get back into his best form by RG, this match showed he's already come a long way from Kitz, and can still become a real threat on clay one day, should he keep improving like this.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Another player who skipped the U.S. Open to prepare for clay bites the dust.

·
Your visions will happen
50,940 Posts
Fog still cannot move as well as he used to, it is difficult to train an old dog to run a different way. Really wished he'd use the quads more and bend those knees instead of being so upright all the time and putting so much pressure on the ankles/calves

·
F***ing have it
17,660 Posts
Yeah, in general my conclusion is the level of play with exception of Rafa and Djoker is really shit in Rome so far.

So any other final than involving these two will be a surprise to me.
Still too early to tell. Rafa played a very tired opponent/usual b*tch. He was ok but he didn't need to step it up. Same with NoVacc

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Fog’s footwork combined w/ timing of strokes not there yet & unless he can survive first few rounds at RG & slowly work his way back to form & confidence, unlikely to b any threat there but u never know as i always hold out hope that the most aesthetic shotmaker on Clay make a presence. Also the court conditions this year haven’t looked as good as past years perhaps due to lack of maintenance in lockdown period.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Surely distracted by promoting and selling his new auto biography WARNING which could be the book of the decade if he writes with as much fearless bravado as he plays.

Reactions: skytennis

·
justice for all
17,602 Posts
Surely distracted by promoting and selling his new auto biography WARNING which could be the book of the decade if he writes with as much fearless bravado as he plays.
Heard it is sensational but published only in Italian as for now.

Any Italian posters have read it yet?

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
It could be interesting, like Vincent Spadea's book, which is available on Scribd if anyone is on that.

What I'd really be head over heels for would be a "Facing Fognini: Symposium of a Champion" novel. I check on Amazon every week for that.

@George Stobbart

1 - 20 of 30 Posts