Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
10,291 Posts
Sinner was pretty good, except in the 2nd set when he was choking like there was no tomorrow. Looking at the draw, he might set up a match against Nadal.
Tsitsipas was horrible and clearly has some problems he needs to solve, it might be too late for French Open. We'll see.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Tremendous effort from Tsitsipas to win the second set with 7 W and 24 UE. Outside of that he won as many games as Paire, although in less stylish fashion.

·
Registered
29,014 Posts
Tsitsipas was playing like garbage all match. Sinner should have just served it out at 6-1 5*-3 but his nerves got in the way.
At least Jannik got his act together in the third and finished it cleanly.

I mean. I like Sinner but I hope his mentality improves along with his consistency. Because he obviously got big enough weapons to do damage against pretty much everyone

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
What the hell is happening with Stef? Did the match with Coric ruin the rest of his season? I'm not sure he's even a threat at RG now.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
On a serious note - there was a book I bought way back in the day by one of my favorite NBA players - Gary Payton. It was called "Confidence counts" and the main theme was it's not only about hard work or talent, it's about confidence too. Confidence is the difference maker in sports and in so many aspects of life. You know Tsitsipas lost a ton after he wet the bed vs Coric. I believe he will be a top 3 player for many years to come, but right now he will need time to recover and regain his confidence. Without it, a player can turn from special to normal real quick and it showed.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Decent match. Sinner is here to stay, establishing himself very nicely on the main tour.

Tsitsipas in a bit of a slump, but nothing too alarming; he'll bounce back.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Tsitsipas is still choking on those MP against Coric, someone please lend him a hand.
Hopefully sinner can keep it up and have good runs here and in RG.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
number six in the world ladies and gents
Sampras has entered three clay masters SF in career and was losing regularly the first or the second clay masters match during his six consecutive y.e. no.1 seasons, the last six seasons at RG too, and he couldn't have cared less as long as he stayed maximally fresh & fit for Wimb and USO.

Let's see what Tsitsi and Stan will be like at this RG.

Their RG'19 4R 5-setter was a great clay rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Sampras has entered three clay masters SF in career.
He also played in an era where there was huge differences in court speeds. Most of his success came on very fast courts. It was also common back then for players to grow up only playing on one surface, but now young players get opportunities to learn all different types of surfaces growing up.

·
justice for all
14,311 Posts
Probably the worst match by Stefanos I've ever watched.
He's in the big hole mentally too after the loss vs Coric.
Hopefully he'll find a way to bounce back soon.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts