Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, quite understandable on paper for the Barcelona Finalist and Madrid Quarterfinalist who had to qualify on both, but he was quite OK during the 1st Set. Broke Cilic, but became a little passive after, and gave Cilic hope to redline. Cilic was painting the corners from then on, but from what I see Giraldo was in his C-game and not enough fight. Maybe just run out of gas that even one point was hard to execute. Probably needs rest after a very surprising good run going into RG.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
what happened to RGiraldo?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just turned to Tennis Channel to watch this and to me, Giraldo looked just fine. He didn't appear to be injured from what I could see. He was up 4-2, and just like that, lost 6 games in a row. After Cilic hit that passing shot to up 2-0 in the 2nd, Giraldo just called it quits on the match. Definitely one of the more awkward endings to a match I've seen in a while.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
back to reality it seems

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Slightly less justified than Nishikori's retirement. :)

But to be fair, who cares? Watching Cilic win the 2nd set 6-1 would not have been very exciting anyway.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Strange retirement. Giraldo didn't show any signs of injury. He was probably tired, but that's no reason to quit.

Anyway, good win for Cilic. His ROS, flat and topspin FH all functioned very well today.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
That's absolutely disgusting, first Verdasco and now Giraldo. All the dangerous players are losing.

Dull's draw turning into a joke as usual. :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Bye Giraldo :wavey: You and your ugly game doesn't deserve to be here. Back to challengers hopefully.

Hahaha, Arthur, get a life :D
Just because I'm posting on a sports forum doesn't mean I don't have one, I'm just giving my 2 cents on the thread. :shrug:

I'm not ok with players winning tournaments on crap form based on lucky draws. It's bad for the sport. Hopefully the Rome winner gets a tougher draw than the Madrid's fake one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts