Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nole too good in the end, while Kohlis Level dropped after being broken in the second.

Well good week for kohli, and now hopefully another good one in Düsseldorf :)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Re: Rome R16: Djokovic def. Kohli 4-6 6-2 6-1

very poor match from both quality wise

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

I went from "not good at all... not looking good going into RG" to "he is the favourite to win Rome" :lol:

I liked what i saw in the 3rd set

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

After a dreadful start nole finally raised his level then it was over. good to see :worship:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Novak started woefully but ended up playing rather well. I wish he wouldn't start matches like that thought!

·
Registered
8,238 Posts

Nole turned it on in the third and went into full Goat mode. Good performance after a pretty horrible first set.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Djesus slowly shaking off the rust

·
23,063 Posts
Well the 1st Set was bizaare as the GGL match -- it is like Djokovic can't even put the ball in play. Good pressure from Kohli that time though to not give Nole breathing space, that is until he woke up in the 5th game and finally held. NIDly he broke back the next game, but Kohli solid in his next 2 service games. You just know it ain't over with these matches, so start of the 2nd Set Djokovic was serving well, while Kohli dropped his level and got broken. Kohli was making much errors when trying to press, while Djokovic was starting to return very well in long rallies like usual. Djokovic was quite good at the net in the latter sets too. After that Kohli only won 3 games and that is the story.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Missed the first set. There was a data at the beginning of the 2nd set showing Kohli returned 100% of Djoker's first serve during the first set. Was it because Kohli's return was amazing or Djoker's serve was horrible?
Based on what I saw Djoker was quite solid. Returns and rallies were kept deep. He even managed to chase down a shot 5 meters aside from sideline, only to frustrate Kohli. That would be a bad signal for dull.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

Nice testing match for Novak.

Heating up the grill for Sunday. :yeah:
I'm wondering if dull can make the final if he keeps pushing 3 hours a day.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
love how this match went exactly like the Nadal-Youzhny match, except here people give Novak credit and they don't in Nadal's case. Both were awful and raised their game, when that happens guys like Kohli and Youzhny struggle to grab games.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The last set was the most impressive of Nole on Clay till now, hopefully he will also beat Ferrer!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts