Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed the scoreline a bit, Gulbis broke early in the first but got broken back and Vesely won the TB. In the third Vesely got an early break and that was it. Both players won 98 points.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Gulbis was defending only 90 points, so this isn't too bad :cool:

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Gulbis :facepalm: What a disappointment overall compared to last year. WTF happened?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm going to start betting on whoever is playing Gulbis from now on, could be a nice moneymaker. (I think someone on here suggested it.)

Gulbis, I had such high hopes.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Good win here for Jiri, got an early break in the tb but lost it immediately, after winning the tb collapsed and lost 4 games in a row but finally started holding serve again without too many problems, I was a bit concerned he had an injury although no MTO of course. After he broke Gulbis in the 3rd had to play all his following service games from 0-30 or 0-15 so good nerves.

·
Registered
59,839 Posts
At least at this point Gulbis's losses seem to be mental. He's playing alright again.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
He is getting there. Lost two close matches in a row, with some choking. But that's the sign of come back for Gulbis.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
nid..once again...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Must've been having flashbacks from his loss in Auckland. Poor Gulbis, what a headcase

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Gulbis is done. He is going to retire soon. No doubt in my mind.

·
MONSOON season.
82,261 Posts
Nice and RG points coming off soon and his ranking is going far south :eek:

Still, his results seem to be improving somewhat.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,599 Posts
It's come to a point where I am sad to see Gulbis lose like this! He's got no matches to put him into rhythm these days. Will be surprised if he's still top 50 after RG unless he kicks himself into action.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Gulbis is 247th in the race :lol:

Nearly half the season's gone already

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Very good chance Gulbis' career will essentially be over after RG. I don't see him having enough fight/motivation to climb back up the rankings after the inevitable plummet.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,599 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts