Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unexpected roller-coaster after the 1st set but solid match overall.
Tommy with some gutsy play in the end, brought back the performance from the 1st set. Nice win.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Rome R1: T.Haas def.A.Seppi 6-1 4-6 6-3

Why the crowd was booing so hard when Seppi lost?

Bravo nonno Haas.

·
Registered
283 Posts

What's up with all of the Italians seriously, can't play for f*** even when they have the massive home crowd support.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Bravo nonno Haas.
Probably booing the umpire who gave 2 warnings to Seppi for time violation, which clearly rattled him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

What's up with all of the Italians seriously, can't play for f*** even when they have the massive home crowd support.
50% Haas is better than peak mugSeppi at 100% with home crowd support.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Pretty entertaining match after the first set. Haas was getting increasingly frustrated by Seppi's rising level of play and his own inability to penetrate like he did in the first set. Seppi produced a string of exceptional passing shots to take the second set (with the help of some obligatory Haas forehand shanks of course).

By the third set Haas just said fuck this shit and starting redlining his baseline game which overpowered Seppi in the end. Good to see Fossil reeling off half a dozen huge winners in the second half of the set.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

Srong Finish from Tommy, kept his cool and started playing decent after facing Break Points early in the 3rd.

Öets wait and see for his next Match! :)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

Haas is a bad match-up for the south tyrolean tennis machine. :sad:
Happy for Leng jai.

Seppi taking the second set with breaking Haas to love. :lol: :woohoo:
Had momentum and a chance to take lead in the third set but just couldn't take it. On the end Haas wins four games in a row from 2-3.

Probably booing the umpire who gave 2 warnings to Seppi for time violation, which clearly rattled him.
Yes, garbage umpiring. Seppi isn't a timewaster, meanwhile Nadal can do whatever business he wants with his hair and ass and still gets away with it.
Oh well. Let's hope for good Roland Garros draw. :)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

a win is a win. well done haas =DDD

·
Registered
57,587 Posts

Yes, garbage umpiring. Seppi isn't a timewaster, meanwhile Nadal can do whatever business he wants with his hair and ass and still gets away with it.
Rules only apply to lower ranked players :shrug:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Haas is a bad match-up for the south tyrolean tennis machine. :sad:
Happy for Leng jai.

Seppi taking the second set with breaking Haas to love. :lol: :woohoo:
Had momentum and a chance to take lead in the third set but just couldn't take it. On the end Haas wins four games in a row from 2-3.

Third set 0-1 0-15. Seppi GOATing on impossible passing shots and then cocks up a put away volley :)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

Third set 0-1 0-15. Seppi GOATing on impossible passing shots and then cocks up a put away volley :)
Yes, that was awful. :facepalm:

Me and Seppi will have to work on the net game.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts

Tommy deserved this win. He was the better and most likely player to win in the end.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts

I had to leave at 4-1 in the first... couldn't stop the feeling that it would be a repeat from the next match haha.
A win is a win though, revenge against the mighty claycourter Sijsling next :p

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

Bravo nonno Haas.
From Yahoo Sports:

The 34th-ranked Seppi couldn't believe it when he received his second time violation while serving at 3-3, 30-40 in the third set, following his first serve. The second violation results in a serve being taken away, which meant a double fault for Seppi and he then went on to lose the final three games.

''I've never received a time violation in my life,'' he said. ''I was just waiting because the fans were making a bit of noise. ... It's scandalous. ... And the first one was for nothing, too. (Haas) hit a drop shot and I had to walk back to get the balls. It was really uncalled for.''

·
Registered
623 Posts

From Yahoo Sports:

The 34th-ranked Seppi couldn't believe it when he received his second time violation while serving at 3-3, 30-40 in the third set, following his first serve. The second violation results in a serve being taken away, which meant a double fault for Seppi and he then went on to lose the final three games.

''I've never received a time violation in my life,'' he said. ''I was just waiting because the fans were making a bit of noise. ... It's scandalous. ... And the first one was for nothing, too. (Haas) hit a drop shot and I had to walk back to get the balls. It was really uncalled for.''
This seems a bit extreme. Surely Seppi didn't encourage the crowd to make noise or cause the delay . . . Puzzling, given that other players rarely get two violations.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Simply outrageous. And getting time violation on your SECOND serve is just ridiculous.

Who was the umpire? Mafia should take care of him. If he comes to Umag I will get him and dump him on the bottom of Adriatic sea. :devil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts