Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was closer then I thought. Cecchinato is much more mature than I expected a young Italian to be in his first Rome. Kept the ball in play well and attacked here and there with some impressive angles. Sijsling was less than impressive but that takes nothing away from Cecchinato, should make top 50.

·
23,064 Posts
I have to say surprised that Sijsling was the more clutch player in general -- the Italian had a break up on the 1st Set but quite surprised it went to a TB that Sijsling won, while in the 2nd Set the Italian clawed back but was broken to stay at the match.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
This Cecchinato lad looks a bit like a certain future number 1 that's been popular around here lately..

Went 5-2 up, then I felt he wasn't aggressive enough. Floated too many balls short into Sijsling's forehand.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Vinci, Seppi, Cecchinato, Fognini, etc, looks like Italians simply can't do well in their turf.

Also, Sijsling really looks like a beardless Daniel Bryan lol.

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
This Cecchinato lad looks a bit like a certain future number 1 that's been popular around here lately..

Went 5-2 up, then I felt he wasn't aggressive enough. Floated too many balls short into Sijsling's forehand.
That was definitely the case, he let Sijsling back into the match and from that point on until 4-1 in the second set Sijsling started dominating play, which he did really well being Sijsling on clay. Then Cecchinato suddenly put his foot down, got the crowd involved (who unfortunately went a bit Madrid) and disrupted Sijsling like he did in the beginning of the match, but started out his game at 5-6 really bad with two UE which did him in.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
what a match for a MS r1 :lol:
but well done igor =P

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Vinci, Seppi, Cecchinato, Fognini, etc, looks like Italians simply can't do well in their turf.

Also, Sijsling really looks like a beardless Daniel Bryan lol.
well they still have schiavone, errani, pennetta and giorgi

thank goodness for them

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I liked watching Cecchinato.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts