Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
1) Bring Live Hawkeye on clay.

2) What Richard Haigh is doing as a chair umpire on this level?

From today:

His worst mistake:

3) Sonego is completely out of form similar to Garin.

4) It's known Shapo can't control his emotions in more difficult situations. Even a default didn't change anything.
He controlled his emotions incredibly well, by clobbering Sonego in the 3rd set.
Not controlling would have been falling apart.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Yeah, ump chooses the wrong mark, call the ball out, Shap loses a point that was his, then crosses the net to look at it, not in any aggressive way, just forgot you're not supposed to cross the net, and loses a point for that and then the game for that, a game he should have won were it not for the fucked up umpire.
Nice eh?
With the crowd taunting him the whole time.
I think he held it together beautifully.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,315 Posts
Looked at the clip about that incident. Surely Shapo should know about the rule regarding crossing the net. No matter what your motive was or what you did after, that's simply in the rulebook, so there's no way you could challenge that code violation. Grow up Shap (or rather don't let your emotions get the better of you; so much so that it'll cost you (again)).

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's what I was referring to. We need Foxtenn Live on clay and such umpires like Haigh demoted to WTA or CH level.
No ATP please
I get awfully curious about the upbringing, social background and value system of a person (man) who thinks his sex is somehow superior by default and finds it justified to offer poorer/fewer resources to women (or men who are not sufficiently “well performing”). The fear of admitting the imperfections and weaknesses in one’s own sex (I.e. self) is just puzzling.

·
RAVE ON
21,195 Posts
no he's not. He was totally in the right in this case.
He crossed the net. He was wrong. I heard him say after that he learned a rule today. He should not be learning the rules at this stage in his career.

It is years now since he almost blinded an umpire and he is still a brat.

The best that I can think of for Denis, since he won today, is maybe he has a future as another McEnroe type, who misbehaves, causes rows and gets penalized, because he plays better afterwards.

But deep down, I think Denis is frustrated at Felix being the Canadian star - better results, well behaved and liked by the fans.

·
Premium Member
33,714 Posts
I get awfully curious about the upbringing, social background and value system of a person (man) who thinks his sex is somehow superior by default and finds it justified to offer poorer/fewer resources to women (or men who are not sufficiently “well performing”). The fear of admitting the imperfections and weaknesses in one’s own sex (I.e. self) is just puzzling.
You draw the wrong conclusions as usual.
I couldn't care less for the WTA atm, and not because I hold men as the supposedly superior sex

21 - 40 of 48 Posts