Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
Is there a more annoying player than Sonego? His annoying delayed grunting, his over the top demeanour. I am glad he lost yet again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shapo did absolutely everything wrong and Sonego still found a way to lose. He is so bad this year. Shame, one of like 4 players with a hint of charisma in the top 100.
Sousa, ADF (Sometimes to his detriment), and the obvious one, Kyrgios. Could probably add Fognini even though I don't like him.
:rolls: Solid trolling, would read again.

·
Premium Member
33,738 Posts
Shapovalov apparently imploded in 2nd set, therefore he lost it, but kept his cool at the start of the 3rd and it paid off.
Later in 3rd set at 4-2 A Sonego had a moonball which landed on the baseline, but the linesman called it out, then umpire overruled it, Shapo kept explaining him that he was taking the wrong mark.
Why won't Foxtenn be employed on clay? I have seriously enough of these mistakes/misapprehensions...

On-court interviewer asked him about his last year's encounter with Nadal, losing from MPs up... he could finally prove it that he not only has the game, but also the mentality to beat Nadal. At least this declined version

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
oh shit,another potential Rafa Shapo in Rome :facepalm:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
1) Bring Live Hawkeye on clay.

2) What Richard Haigh is doing as a chair umpire on this level?

From today:

His worst mistake:

3) Sonego is completely out of form similar to Garin.

4) It's known Shapo can't control his emotions in more difficult situations. Even a default didn't change anything.

Reactions: Waz

·
Premium Member
33,738 Posts
1) Bring Live Hawkeye on clay.

2) What Richard Haigh is doing as a chair umpire on this level?

From today:

His worst mistake:
That's what I was referring to. We need Foxtenn Live on clay and such umpires like Haigh demoted to WTA or CH level.
No ATP please

4) It's known Shapo can't control his emotions in more difficult situations. Even a default didn't change anything.
At least he can refocus after losing his cool, and if it's not in the decider, then he's even able to win the match. :cool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts