Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

Banned
Shitrinka.......just wow 馃槀
Impressed with this Musetti guy and hopefully he moves up the rankings

Registered
Impressive stuff for his first ever atp match
Second :D Musetti qualified for Dubai MD this year. 6-4 6-4 loss against Rublev.
If we go a little bit back, in March, he was getting bageled by Mick Veldheer in a Futures tournament in South Africa.
From playing a big 500 level tournament in Dubai to playing futures in South-Africa the next week. That must have been shocking :ROFLMAO:

Registered
From playing a big 500 level tournament in Dubai to playing futures in South-Africa the next week. That must have been shocking :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, esp. as Veldheer is outside of Top 500. 馃懡

Registered
WTF. Was/is he injured? I haven鈥檛 been following Stan recently.
No, he looks a bit bulkier/fatter than usual, but otherwise he is healthy. He is just out of form, so needs more matches under his belt.

Registered
Why is Wawrinka being served bagels if he's already so fat?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK, now I need to go to sleep. I had my fair share of laughter for today and it's past 1 am in the night.

Reactions: TheEndIsNear

Registered
This is the kind of match that tells a player of Stan鈥檚 caliber that it is time to retire. Taking a bagel from an 18 year old!

All time greats I see sticking around to chase records But Stan, much like Murray/Del Potro should hang it up.

Registered
Promising 18 yr old beating 35 yr old veteran coming back from injury?

Sounds logical to me. Should have happened more often over the years.

Congratulazioni Musetti!

Reactions: cpbdea

Registered
Is Wawrinka the weakest slam winner of all time? (besides Cilic obviously)
"Yep", it is easy-peasy to make 9 semis out of 15 consecutive slams entered (+ 3 QF), winning three titles + making another final, losing usually in the 5th set to Djokovic & top form co.

Slam/masters resume of 27-31 y.o. Stan is similar to the resume of 27-31 Sampras, both being very good at slams they have been exclusively peaking for, and pretty poor at masters, which are only used as nice training sessions for slams.

Registered
Then why does everyone hate Zverev so much?
Young Zverev "vultured" masters and disappeared at slams despite persistent high hopes (a good approach though, IMO, big titles, big money, high rankings).

27-31 y.o. veteran Stan was the opposite case, it was soon pretty obvious that he couldn't care less for the masters titles and it was all about the slams only.

Registered
Young Zverev "vultured" masters and disappeared at slams despite persistent high hopes (a good approach though IMO, big titles, big money, high rankings).

27-31 y.o. veteran Stan was the opposite case, it was soon pretty obvious that he couldn't care less for the masters titles and it was all about the slams only.
The only thing that was obvious to me about Wawrinka was that the BO5 format suited him better than BO3, as he often needed a lot of match play (within a single match and throughout the tournament) to be able to work himself into his best form, and BO3 did not allow that. But the whole "he doesn't care about masters" thing is a huge cope by his fans to justify his relatively poor performance outside of slams. I don't buy it for a second. Even the Big 3, with all the titles they've racked up, still work hard and clearly care to win masters titles most of the time. Why wouldn't he? Especially when he only has one Masters title lol

41 - 60 of 77 Posts