Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vamonos

·
Registered
790 Posts
Rome: Lopez OUTGUNS Kyrgios 6-4 7-6

Interesting, looked like a bit of an angry verbal exchange there at the end between Lopez and someone in the crowd?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Kyrgios made some poor choices in the TB. That said Lopez is a very tricky player to face, even so on clay
This was a real gem :lol:

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
Shocker. Kyrgios played like crap against Lopez, who is not Roger Federer.

I saw the match and Nick was that awful. Much different than Madrid.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO Feli just went to face Kyrgios supporters after he won, you could hear a few 'puta' here and there. Amazing scene :haha::haha:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This was a real gem :lol:
Yea, what did he say? and also he was complaining about that section mid-match to the umpire.

Kept yelling "ASCOO" throughout the game on bad points.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Feli was a mess with his FH but the BH was really clicking even with the topspin in the 1st set. Kyrgios hit a SS harder then the FS in the tb giving Feli a mini break with a DF, then won 3 points in a raw but Lopez came back. Hit a deep return at 4-4 and than the usual low ball with his BH that made Kyrgios hit a FH wide, clintched it with two aces.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
LMAO Feli just went to face Kyrgios supporters after he won, you could hear a few 'puta' here and there. Amazing scene :haha::haha:
Yeah , I was confused. Instead of celebrating after the match.. Lopez threw his racquet down turned, walked towards the crowd and started shouting angrily at them. He pointed towards his ears as if to say "I can't hear you!" or something ... then he mouthed what looked to be some nasty words in their direction. It was really bizarre he was over there for awhile. And no celebration, no arms up.. nothing. A for effort to whom ever was trolling Lopez.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What happened?
Kyrgios supporters (they were italians) were very vocal during Feli errors in the match, as soon as he shook Nick and umpire's hand he almost went face-to-face with them saying a few words in spanish.
It was the tennis equivalent of this

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Not many people lose to Lopez on clay these days but Kyrgios managed it. Maybe Kyrgios was shitting himself at the prospect of possibly facing Claytomic in the next round. :spit:

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Yeah , I was confused. Instead of celebrating after the match.. Lopez threw his racquet down turned, walked towards the crowd and started shouting angrily at them. He pointed towards his ears as if to say "I can't hear you!" or something ... then he mouthed what looked to be some nasty words in their direction. It was really bizarre he was over there for awhile. And no celebration, no arms up.. nothing. A for effort to whom ever was trolling Lopez.
Clearly winding up Lopez was a bad idea then as it motivated him to school Kyrgios in straight sets. :p

I quite like that a tennis player stood up to loud and annoying fans as long as he doesn't take it too far. Too many people think they can say and do whatever they want without being challenged.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Clearly winding up Lopez was a bad idea then as it motivated him to school Kyrgios in straight sets. :p

I quite like that a tennis player stood up to loud and annoying fans as long as he doesn't take it too far. Too many people think they can say and do whatever they want without being challenged.
LOL - yea, that's why I said A for effort. C minus for execution.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Who ever beat Fed then he suffers a lot. Gulbis last year at FO and since then he has done nothing. Cilic is the next one after USO.
Wawrinka after Monte Carlo has done nothing.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts