Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The losing streak continues. Every single unseeded player in the tournament will be hoping to draw pospisil in round 1

·
Registered
441 Posts
Expected. As for Vashy, collecting R1 $$$ should be his routine until Toronto.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Pospisil and Janowicz are both probably going to see a huge drop in rankings before the end of the year...

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
vasek :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well at least he made it through the match (and doubles yesterday) ... the clay court season is now all about getting back to match form .. not sure we have to wait until Montreal for some wins ... Vashy can do some damage on grass.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
He should be playing challengers in Far East Asia

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
At least in this loss Vasek made it a fight. The encouraging thing is Vasek completed both singles and doubles matches. The bad news Vasek might not get seeded for the French Open. Vasek and his team made a huge mistake NOT taking the time to get healthy. Vasek needs to listen to his body. I am disappointed Vasek lost again. Vasek NEEDS to hire a personal trainer because getting frequently injured will not help him in the long run. The fitness needs to improve and I think Vasek needs a sports psychologist to get mentally tougher he could have won this match today he blew it once again.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
This is actually a much better scoreline than I expected from Vasek considering his prior form and the surface. Possibly a positive sign going into Nice next week (where I hope he finally ends the losing streak).

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Better effort from Vasek today. It his clear he struggles on this surface. He should of took a drop to the challenger tour if you ask me to play some hard court matches. Better to be winning challengers then consecutive ATP round one losses! Could of done a Gilles Muller��

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Better effort from Vasek today. It his clear he struggles on this surface. He should of took a drop to the challenger tour if you ask me to play some hard court matches. Better to be winning challengers then consecutive ATP round one losses! Could of done a Gilles Muller��
the difference is that gilles muller dropped well out of the top 100 so it made sense for him to play those challengers

vasek needs confidence sure but he plans on playing roland garros so it makes little sense to go and play on hard and indoor hard courts.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
the difference is that gilles muller dropped well out of the top 100 so it made sense for him to play those challengers

vasek needs confidence sure but he plans on playing roland garros so it makes little sense to go and play on hard and indoor hard courts.
Let's be honest he isn't going to be able to get far in RG. I think the grass season might spark a revival for Pospisil, but in the mean time he should of got his confidence up and the best way to do that is to win matches and the best chance he has of doing that is in challengers. Even if that means playing on clay (noticed Benneteau playing a challenger this week) but he does have very few points to defend on this surface!

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
At least in this loss Vasek made it a fight. The encouraging thing is Vasek completed both singles and doubles matches. The bad news Vasek might not get seeded for the French Open. Vasek and his team made a huge mistake NOT taking the time to get healthy. Vasek needs to listen to his body. I am disappointed Vasek lost again. Vasek NEEDS to hire a personal trainer because getting frequently injured will not help him in the long run. The fitness needs to improve and I think Vasek needs a sports psychologist to get mentally tougher he could have won this match today he blew it once again.
Vasek will more than likely get a RG seed. He's projected 31 currently. The only guys behind him still playing with result needed to pass Vasek in bracket are Tursunov(R16), Granollers(QF), Dodig(QF), Karlovic(SF), Chardy(SF), etc.

3 of them needs to pass him because Delpo is out. That's unlikely.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Vasek will more than likely get a RG seed. He's projected 31 currently. The only guys behind him still playing with result needed to pass Vasek in bracket are Tursunov(R16), Granollers(QF), Dodig(QF), Karlovic(SF), Chardy(SF), etc.

3 of them needs to pass him because Delpo is out. That's unlikely.
Granollers has a shot because Murray is a joke of a player on clay right now, but can't see Tursunov getting by Berdych. Vasek is probably going to be seeded.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Good for the game. Pospisil's schedule is a joke :superlol:
yeah why not go play challengers, and take 0 pointers in these events. If he's going to get a 0 pointer it's just as well to take the 10 free points instead

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
yeah why not go play challengers, and take 0 pointers in these events. If he's going to get a 0 pointer it's just as well to take the 10 free points instead
As far as I know he wasn't a TOP 30 player in year-end rankings.

Anyway, if had wanted to get back on track, he should have played claycourt challengers (Monte Carlo? :lol: Bucharest? :lol:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts