Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Beating PCB on clay is a good win for the youngster.

·
Registered
520 Posts
17yo top100 win

Borna Coric - 7 (18yo 14.11.2014)
Alexander Zverev 13 (18yo 20.4.2015)
Andrey Rublev 6... (18yo 20.10.2015)
Frances Tiafoe 1... (18yo 20.1.2016)

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I called this. He tank a future or a challagenr this week vs Cecinnato.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
PCB is having a bad season but he was really soild in Estoril. Considering clay is his favorite surface, this is a very good win for Rublev.
look at his draw in estoril,who did he beat exactly? 2 players well outside the top 100 and gilles muller

gilles muller on clay is basically a walking bye

pablo really didnt do all that much on tour last year either

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
look at his draw in estoril,who did he beat exactly? 2 players well outside the top 100 and gilles muller

gilles muller on clay is basically a walking bye

pablo really didnt do all that much on tour last year either
PCB and Kyrgios had a set and a half of good tennis in their match and it was pretty close. He's a weird player, he's got consistency, pace and a solid serve, but then he just breaks down all of a sudden. And his movement is..well, mediocre.

But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
PCB and Kyrgios had a set and a half of good tennis in their match and it was pretty close. He's a weird player, he's got consistency, pace and a solid serve, but then he just breaks down all of a sudden. And his movement is..well, mediocre.

But that's just my opinion.
i dont know..i just find him to be a spanish version of yen-hsun lu.not good enough to keep his top 100 rank on the main tour so he has to drop down to challengers to keep his spot.he can make his way through weak draws but usually loses to the first decent guy he comes across.even on his favorite surface of clay he still has yet to have to good run at a strong event on the main tour

thats why i thought andrey had a good chance to win here that and his game style

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
That's a massively impressive win! :yeah:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts