Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quinzi served for the set at 6-5 and was *5-4 up in the tie break. As much as his game needs to be fixed his mentality comes first, because it's more than clear he's got enough game to beat the likes of Paire.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Quinzi served for the set at 6-5 and was *5-4 up in the tie break. As much as his game needs to be fixed his mentality comes first, because it's more than clear he's got enough game to beat the likes of Paire.
:lol:
Looking at the stats, Paire has won 10 more points, had 9 break points (only 4 for Quinzi), and all this with Paire having a bad day with his serve (below 50% first s.).

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol:
Looking at the stats, Paire has won 10 more points, had 9 break points (only 4 for Quinzi), and all this with Paire having a bad day with his serve (below 50% first s.).
I'm sorry but Quinzi is one of the players with the worst mentality that I've ever followed and Paire still needed him to choke to win the match.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't know about Quinzi, man.
He's one of those broken promises... He's already 19 and still waiting for his first Top 100 win.
You got the likes of Gyros, Cockric, Kokki, Zverev, Rublev, Chung - and then you got Qunizi. Sorry, but he's just not up there.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about Quinzi, man.
He's one of those broken promises... He's already 19 and still waiting for his first Top 100 win.
You got the likes of Gyros, Cockric, Kokki, Zverev, Rublev, Chung - and then you got Qunizi. Sorry, but he's just not up there.
I don't know, I think the basis for a good game is there (he needs some serious adjustments) but he clearly struggles with anxiety and stuff like that on the court, he isn't someone like... I don't know, Noah Rubin :lol: That you see he doesn't have any game at all.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I was at the match, Paire was playing it like a training session most of the times, when got broken always managed to easily break back Quinzi, also because Quinzi made a few bad UEs in crucial moments with his BH, including the tie break where he had a mini break lead but Paire was the one hitting winners left and right, in the second set as he gained confidence the french started dropshotting the hell out of Quinzi and going for FH winners as well. It looked like there was a huge gap despite the result.
Quinzi just got a couple of good FH retuns on a 2 or 3 Paire's weak SS and that was all really.

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
Good win for Benoît :yeah: I think Quinzi has been in good form so this wasn't an easy match-up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts