Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Rome QF: Stan "The Man" Wawrinka def. Nadal 7-6, 6-2

First set was a fairly close contest, with some superb tennis from both players. Que tie break, Nadal has 4 set points and Stan the Man shows up... OUT OF NO WHERE.

Stan saves 3/4 set points at net and then hits some booming shots to clinch the tiebreak.

Next set is filled with a confident Wawrinka, who doesn't even give Nadal a small glance at the ball.

After losing to Mannarino and scraping past Monaco and Thiem, Stan the Man has showed up against Nadal. Hopefully Stan carries this performance against Federer and for Nadal.

Either way, Congrats to both :worship:

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
None of them wanted to lose this match. Nadal was playing really great in the tie break and was super motivated to win it but PEAK Peakrinka showed up and nothing that Nadal could do there.
2nd set, Nadal down a double break, still celebrating like crazy when winning points lol... that's how bad Stan had him. Rafa did not wanted to lose but nothing you can do against Peakrinka except Peakdal.

Stan wanted this so much to prove it was not a fluke the 2014 final. Nadal for the contrary, to prove it was a fluke. And he lost. Wow!

Nadal going into RG with 0 clay titles basically. Incredible.

Now as for Rome, now please bend over your master Stan. ;) lol just kidding, may the best player win.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Better player won. Good for the game.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Wow, what a performance Stan! I wasn't expecting that. If only Stan played like this every tournament, he would be number 1.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
That was sooooooooooooooooooooooo Good. Stan favorite against Roger?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Stan's FH ownz Nadal's FH.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Watch Stan gift Roger the final :lol:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Superb match I think. Really entertaining. Stan is such a beast when he's playing his best! :worship:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
564 Posts
Some mighty good bh's from Stan tonight i can think of two players who can take notes while watching his bh's tonight.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts