Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a big fan of either player but good break for Ruud. Berrettini is a curious player. Huge talent but mentally weak.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Ruud executed his gameplan well and didn’t make many errors, his attacking wasn’t spectacular aside from a few games in set 2, but he was steady enough and used topspin to frustrate Berrettini. Berrettini did hit a lot of flashy forehands, but he made too many errors, ROS also isn’t good enough. Overall a decent match with some highlight winners and fun rallies at the net. People forget that Ruud is only 21, he could be a force on clay for many years to come.

·
justice for all
15,288 Posts
Was watching only sets 2&3. Sure Berrettini was struggling with his movement deep into the match and leaking a lot of errors but Ruud was working him fine. A well deserved victory for the young Norwegian. AFAIK he won’t be seeded for RG so if he keeps this form he might be one of the most dangerous floaters in the draw. His weakeness however is ROS, especially off BH side - very loopy and quite short too - luckily for him on clay he can usually run away with it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I could not watch the third set as Eurosport France stopped to broadcast it to show "les 24h du Mans"
It was an even match and Matteo made a big mistake on match point.
Casper to be the first Norwegian ever to reach a SF in Masters 1000 and to reach the top 30.
Hopefully, he can play a good match against Nole in the next round as he has nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't know about solid here, from either one of the players, as both had their ups and downs as the match went on.

Matteo was clearly better in the first set, his playing strategy working well there and Casper being more or less of a spectator, whereas Casper was really dictating the game in the second. In the third it was anybody's game really, as Casper declined while Matteo got his footwork back together (at least up to a level where it can be after all of his injuries), yet still committed to too many UE's.

And yeah, Matteo's ROS not working well anywhere throughout the match, but who did actually expect it to work any better?

Towards the end I was hoping for Matteo to take the win, considering this was his home arena, but tie breaks can always go either way and this time luck was on Casper's side.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Ugh. There is really nothing about Ruud to like, irritating persona and monotonous game.
I didn't see any of that, but I was hoping for the Italian to win. I think much of the same thing.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Djokovic route to final this week.

R32 - Caruso
R16 - Krajinovic
QF - Koepfer
SF - Ruud

😂😂😂
🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
16,443 Posts
teamthiem was desperately hoping that Ruud would lose, shame for him.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Was watching only sets 2&3. Sure Berrettini was struggling with his movement deep into the match and leaking a lot of errors but Ruud was working him fine. A well deserved victory for the young Norwegian. AFAIK he won’t be seeded for RG so if he keeps this form he might be one of the most dangerous floaters in the draw. His weakeness however is ROS, especially off BH side - very loopy and quite short too - luckily for him on clay he can usually run away with it.
Ruud is up to 30 in the live rankings.

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
I think we are looking at an Italian Steve Johnson who is slowly coming down from his peak play.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts