Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fed was very good today. Used the slice brilliantly to off balance Berdych, forehand was firing at about 80% which was more than enough but the backhand was absolutely sublime, back to 2006 where it's not such a burden? maybe close.

All in all the conditions favored Fed and he used it to the fullest. A great clay match from the GOAT and a lot of positives before the possible SF with Nadal.

Come on!
EDIT:
Something I only just noticed, Berdych served 70% 1st serves and still Fed broke him 4 times with 4/5 BPs! Convereter and returnerer fully in da house.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
The first 3/4 of the first set were sloppy, but the 2nd set was the best Federer has played on clay in a long time. Vintage stuff. :worship:

The backhand was excellent.

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Good win for GOAT

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
If you want greatness "Rafa", come and fcking get it! Mmmmmmm... promising performance. I've been saying for weeks now that Roger's so-called terrible clay form was greatly exaggerated.

No fear from the Roger fans. We WANT to see a Fedal semi. Cannot wait for this one.

·
Premium Member
20,671 Posts

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Funny that Federer's backhand is better than his forehand at times these days. Feeble performance from Berdych.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Watch Nadal lose to GOATrinka today. Fedal must and will be avoided.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Probably Federer's the best match on clay this year. Good stuff, especially from backhand.

Sweet irony - Berdych finally serves at decent level against top opposition, yet loses 4 games in a row in first set. :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Pretty NID. Now 3 times Berdych has failed to make SFs in a tournament this year, all losses to Federer in QF.

Federer must have seriously drilled it into Wawrinka that he has to win against Wawrinka today.

·
Premium Member
8,488 Posts
Wow, Federer actually defeated a top 10 player on clay. I'm delighted. By far Federer's best performance on clay in 2015. I don't really care about what happens against Nadal. Fed has already overachieved for me by reaching the SF.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Push-Ray tards in ruins. Clayerer has been arrived! :worship:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts